Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

French type Pin Fire Revolver 19 century

Article about: I think it's a French product from the second half of the 19th century; decorative (engraved); in decent condition. I ask for additional information about the origin and the manufacturer? th

Default French type Pin Fire Revolver 19 century

I think it's a French product from the second half of the 19th century; decorative (engraved); in decent condition.
    I ask for additional information about the origin and the manufacturer?
    thank you in advance
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture French type Pin Fire Revolver 19 century   French type Pin Fire Revolver 19 century  

French type Pin Fire Revolver 19 century  

?

Well it may be a Belgium copy, however it is a higher grade piece due to the engraving. ... as it has a folding trigger it was made for personal protection, the grip is very british in the way it was made..and of course it is a pinfire.

There is no great value in these as most of the finish has gone south..however it is still a nice piece, abd as long as you did not spend a lot on it...a good addition to any collection, but again, not Military

Just My Thoughts.

Dean O
    Ajax Canada

It'a an open frame Le Faucheux type 'Acier Fondu' (cast steel) pinfire revolver of an indeterminate calibre, but these came in 7mm, 7.65mm and 9mm to name three, there may be others. Probably Belgian made as Dean says, these are very common and range from £250-$600 depending on finish and mechanical condition.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

More information I could not wish for!
    Thx both.