Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

G.33.40 Carbine Cleaning Rod Length - Review

Article about: WRF Members, If you wouldn't mind reviewing the images below of my G.33/40 Gebirgsjager Rifle and confirm if the rod that came with it is the correct rod? I have seen them with 11" and

?

Default G.33.40 Carbine Cleaning Rod Length - Review

G.33.40 Carbine Cleaning Rod Length - ReviewG.33.40 Carbine Cleaning Rod Length - ReviewG.33.40 Carbine Cleaning Rod Length - Review
    WRF Members,

If you wouldn't mind reviewing the images of my G.33/40 Gebirgsjager Rifle and confirm if the rod that came with it is the correct rod? Questioning length. I have seen them with 11" and 10" rods in the past. I know they were shorter and not the same rod as the K98. This 10" rod came in the rifle from Germany originally and screws in just right. The rifle is all matching but not quite sure if rod is the authentic and proper one as far as length.

The picture of the Gebirgsjager soldier below shows a rifle to his left. This is from an album I have as well. The rod you can see comes up on the barrel about the same as the link below from this sites image and also similar to position of my rod on barrel. I posted a few pictures of the rifle for your review. Please opine if you would. Thank you in advance for your thoughts & comments.

This link to my collection has more detailed shots of the rod and rifle.

G.33-40 Carbine DOT 41
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture G.33.40 Carbine Cleaning Rod Length - Review   G.33.40 Carbine Cleaning Rod Length - Review  

Last edited by Rossi; 10-13-2014 at 05:56 AM.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

?

Hi Rossi,

ive had a Gebirgjager Karbine myself and they are easily recognised by the extended metal butt plate on the inside of the rifle.
    Not all G33 were specially for the Mountain troops with this extended plate)
    This was made to protect the wood from the spikes of the their shoes.
    (I can show you one that i owned, its the Left Para manequin its hanging on its right shoulder, sticking out on the left)
    As far as i could recall mine had a normal lenght rod.
    Regards,
    Ger
    G.33.40 Carbine Cleaning Rod Length - Review

?

Outstanding example there Rossi

Hello Rossi
    That's a very nice G33/40.
    I asked about cleaning rods a couple of years back on the k98k forum.
    My understanding is they can be either 10.5" or 11" and can be tapered or not.
    I have a 945 coded 1940 and am currently using a 10" k98 repro cleaning rod until I can find an original to replace it.
    Jonathan.

?

Thanks for the data Severin. Appreciate it.

Quote by severin View Post
    Hello Rossi
    That's a very nice G33/40.
    I asked about cleaning rods a couple of years back on the k98k forum.
    My understanding is they can be either 10.5" or 11" and can be tapered or not.
    I have a 945 coded 1940 and am currently using a 10" k98 repro cleaning rod until I can find an original to replace it.
    Jonathan.

Quite an exceptional carbine Rossi and in a loved and looked after condition. I would be hopeful that you may exhibit that equally well cared for bayonet into the K98 forum for deposit. The Gents appreciation on that forum will show greatly. Im sure it has all matching numbers. Best Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Would be happy to do that Larry. Where is that located to make sure I deposit it right spot?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Quite an exceptional carbine Rossi and in a loved and looked after condition. I would be hopeful that you may exhibit that equally well cared for bayonet into the K98 forum for deposit. The Gents appreciation on that forum will show greatly. Im sure it has all matching numbers. Best Regards Larry

?

I posted recently what I thought was an interesting post, asking for opinions and knowledge, it went unanswered in 'World Firearms'. Is there a K98 Forum? If so, I missed it. Here is my prior post:

Gew 98 - Danzig 1915 - S/42K

Jeff

K98kforum.com I think is what you're looking for...