Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

G3P4 Assault rifle.......

Article about: Gents....after spending time looking for an ex-Bundeswehr Heckler & Koch or Rheinmetall manufactured G3A4 assault rifle I have drawn a blank...I have been told that the BW destroy their

Default Re: G3P4 Assault rifle.......

That is a beauty. They look really heavy. How much does it weigh?

?

The one i had with green plastic furniture was not that heavy. For precise weight spec, google is your friend

Regards, Lars

?

Quote by mauser9 View Post
    That is a beauty. They look really heavy. How much does it weigh?
    They are not that heavy. Quite the contrary, as they are made with stamped steel components. A nice easy to wield gun and a pleasure to shoot (at least I think so after shooting thousands of rounds).

Im a bit biased of course, as I am a big fan of the 7.62 calibre.

The G3 is around the 4 - 4.5 kg mark depending on variation and whether with loaded mag or not..

?

I agree on the 7.62 There is just "authority" in this round. We still used the G3 back in the early 90's in Denmark.

Good looking rifle! It is truly unfortunate that you cannot possess live firearms in the UK!

You can spot empties fired from a G3 by the flutes on the case, is the G3P4 the same?
    Hangarman

?

Quote by hangarman View Post
    You can spot empties fired from a G3 by the flutes on the case
    That's right. I forgot about that as it's many years since i fired one Did they make the fluting to prevent the camber from fouling up?

Regards, Lars

?

The fluting was done to allow the roller system to work. It allows some of the gas to be passed past the casing when fired which assist with the Lock timing/cycling/extraction. I have a G3 clone and love it. I just wish the rear site would go more than the 400m mark. When I shoot at our 500m target I just use a little hold over and can do very well with it. I used to do a lot of bump firing with it until ammo became such a PIA to get. I just wanted to add mine is the G3A3 configuration with wide handguard.The Gut are HK marked and are from 7/68.
    You got yourself a real nice looking G3 Oradour
    Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    The fluting was done to allow the roller system to work. It allows some of the gas to be passed past the casing when fired which assist with the Lock timing/cycling/extraction. I have a G3 clone and love it. I just wish the rear site would go more than the 400m mark. When I shoot at our 500m target I just use a little hold over and can do very well with it. I used to do a lot of bump firing with it until ammo became such a PIA to get. I just wanted to add mine is the G3A3 configuration with wide handguard.The Gut are HK marked and are from 7/68.
    You got yourself a real nice looking G3 Oradour
    Semper Fi
    Phil
    Thanks Phil, some good info is always appreciated

Brad.

Hi Steve

What a great looking rifle! It looks so sturdy and well made. You have a great looking example that should display nicely for you, congrats!

Mark
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast