Here is my WWII Gewehr 43 (G43) Sniper rifle.
- DUV 44 "block".
- Serial number G43 3369h .
- Maker DUV (Berlin Luebecker with correct WaA214 inspection proofs).
- All matching including stock BLM /Berlin Luebecker rifles.) Red laminate stock.
- Single guide rib type.
- Gw Zf4 Scope Serial # 41489 ddx (Walther) with blue triangle (for cold climate).
- Scope mount #1889 (Been told they are usually not matched to gun unless sent back to arsenal). with Wa359 waffenamp. -
- Late type sling?
- Stock marked with "R" (purported to be Free French capture).
The stock has two very interesting marks. The first is an "R" just below the comb. The second is two symbols on the handguard. It could be a "1" and "t" or a "t" and a "V". Not sure. I've read that stocks marked with the "R" could be Free French capture but I am not sure.
Any feedback would be appreciated.
Overall rifle is in excellent shape.