Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

German Double Shot Signal Pistol (Walther, WW2 Era)

Article about: Friend of mine found this recently among his grandfather's things... He messaged me some pics from an iPhone. From what I can gather it's a 27mm Walther 'Doppel Schuss' no. 912/N440 Signal P

Echelon
    ?

Default German Double Shot Signal Pistol (Walther, WW2 Era)

Friend of mine found this recently among his grandfather's things... He messaged me some pics from an iPhone.
    From what I can gather it's a 27mm Walther 'Doppel Schuss' no. 912/N440 Signal Pistol, manufactured 1939 - probably for the Kriegsmarine. I'll include the pictures sent to me below. Appears to be stainless; definitely responds to magnets.

I'm looking for confirmation/insight/any other information you have on the piece, or at the very least perhaps someone could point me to someone that might know more. Thanks in advance.

Default Re: German Double Shot Signal Pistol (Walther, WW2 Era)

You have got it covered, nothing more to add, except to say it is a great item.

Cheers, Ade.

I have posted the single and double barell models with some information... They are German navy issue...BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Does he plan on selling it? It is a piece a lot of people would want to have, considering the condition it is in.