Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

German K98 Rifle Stock etc

Article about: Does anyone know where I would be able to get an old beat up, well used stock for my K98 relic? I'm trying to make it look more like a rifle because everyone that see's it on the wall always

Default German K98 Rifle Stock etc

Does anyone know where I would be able to get an old beat up, well used stock for my K98 relic? I'm trying to make it look more like a rifle because everyone that see's it on the wall always asks what it it! I'm also looking for any other parts e.g trigger gaurds, metal bands, butt plates etc. However all these pieces all have to be in similar condition to the rifle (pictured below)
    Thanks

Danny
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German K98 Rifle Stock etc   German K98 Rifle Stock etc  

Default Re: German K98 Rifle Stock etc

Danny, if you add a beat up stock then you only accomplish that it is a rifle but still would probably be unidentifiable. The relic condition is too far gone for wood to have survived.

My opinion is to leave it alone. It looks fantastic as is

rgds, Ty

Ok, thanks, I'll probably keep looking for metal parts

Reg
    ?

Ive seen lots of parts on ebay for K98's (though theyve recently stopped doing bayonets in the uk) usually for not much money, If you come accross a turned down bolt handle for a K98 please let me know!

Reg

?

keep looking on the internet, you will fined some for around $100.0 U.S Dollars. if i run acrose one i will send it to you.
    sam

Hi Danny,
    That is a nice relic, as is. I would leave it as you will never make it look any different. I would have it in my war room any time,
    you would be better off buying a used K98, deac. they are easier
    to get hold of.
    dave.