Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

German Occupation Viz 35 Pistol

Article about: This is my '3 Lever' Radom P35 Pistol in 9mm x 19mm Parabellum. The gun was designed in the early 1930s to replace the almost endless variety of pistols and revolvers that had been inherited

Default German Occupation Viz 35 Pistol

This is my '3 Lever' Radom P35 Pistol in 9mm x 19mm Parabellum. The gun was designed in the early 1930s to replace the almost endless variety of pistols and revolvers that had been inherited or supplied to the Poles after 1918. When WW2 began in 1939 it was in wide spread use with the Polish army and the arsenal at Radom was kept busy producing the weapon for the Germans after the occupation. Final assembly was moved to Steyr in Austria to try to prevent the Polish Home Army getting smuggled examples and eventually all production was moved there in the face of the Soviet advance into Eastern Europe in 1944. Along with the broadly similar FN Browning P35, these were the 2 foreign 9mm Parabellum pistols made for the German armed forces. This example has been refinished post WW2 with the hammer marked with the '11 in an oval' mark of the postwar Communist run Radom arsenal-done there or with parts supplied by them.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Occupation Viz 35 Pistol   German Occupation Viz 35 Pistol  

German Occupation Viz 35 Pistol   German Occupation Viz 35 Pistol  

German Occupation Viz 35 Pistol  

?

An ecellent example of one of the best handguns to emerge from that era (if not THE best).

Nice looking radom you have there.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

?

Great looking Radom. One of my favorite WW II era pistol. I was lucky enough to get my 3 lever with the original holster and extra magazine.

Excellent! I am a big fan of the Viz P35.

Here is mine

It is a great, though occasional, shooter.