Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

German WW1 & WW2 Mausers & Accessories

Article about: Hello everyone, Posting my favorite toys... The WW1 G98 Mauser (dated 1916) is mismatched and doesn't have a sling but is nevertheless very hard to find nowadays (bought back in the mid-90's

RON
    ?

Default German WW1 & WW2 Mausers & Accessories

Hello everyone,
    Posting my favorite toys...
    The WW1 G98 Mauser (dated 1916) is mismatched and doesn't have a sling but is nevertheless very hard to find nowadays (bought back in the mid-90's).
    The WW2 Kar98k Mauser (dated 1939) is matching & came with its original sling; it still carries its original nazi Waffenamt (many of these rifles were denazified after the war for recycling purposes).
    Both of these are in working order and are safely stored alongside their WW1 & WW2 Russian & British/Canadian Counterparts.
    In order to complete them, I'm missing the Mauser G98 sling and both muzzle covers.
    Which brings me to my question: How do you distinguish between the WW1 & WW2 versions of the Mauser muzzle cover (the metallic with opening cap) with pictures if possible? There's plenty of them on the net (see last 2 pics) but I've never seen a clearly distinguishable Gew.98/WW1 version... not to mention the other Mauser calibers and export versions.

German WW1 & WW2 Mausers & AccessoriesGerman WW1 & WW2 Mausers & AccessoriesGerman WW1 & WW2 Mausers & AccessoriesGerman WW1 & WW2 Mausers & Accessories

German WW1 & WW2 Mausers & AccessoriesGerman WW1 & WW2 Mausers & Accessories

Default Re: German WW1 & WW2 Mausers & Accessories

the ones made during the Third Reich will have a waffenamt stamped on them...

RON
    ?

I agree but a lot were made without waffenamt nevertheless...

nevertheless,then,,,it doesnt really matter....

RON
    ?

OK, let me make it easier for those actually willing to help: In order to distinguish Imperial from WW2, it has to have some sort of imperial markings like a crown.
    I actually have one with a CROWN over 'N' and 'Bülow' on another side... Does that sound Imperial, WW2 or export?