Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

German WWII GrB39 Grenade Throwing Rifle

Article about: This is one of my long time favorite weapons in my collection.. So here is some information on the weapon.........This is a grenade throwing rifle thus the name (Granatbuchse) GrB39.. It is

Default German WWII GrB39 Grenade Throwing Rifle

This is one of my long time favorite weapons in my collection.. So here is some information on the weapon.........This is a grenade throwing rifle thus the name (Granatbuchse) GrB39.. It is a modification of the PzB39 antitank rifle. The breach and shoulder stock are the same, some parts like the bipod, bipodlock, carrying sling, sling band, and carrying handle are the same as on the PzB39 but are at different locations on the barrel. The barrel has been shortened to around 24 inches, at the foward end of the bbl. it has been turned down and threaded to accept the grenade launcher. The standard sights have been replaced by a complicated sighting equipment. The wooden forearm of the PzB39 has been removed and the carring sling has been moved to the right side, because of the new sighting system.. The launcher, threaded to the bbl. is the Scheissbecher, which was also used on the 98k rifle, firing the same grenades as the 98k grenade launcher.. There are three main type of grenades used for AT, AP work. A)anti -personnel (Gewehr Sprenggrnate) B)small anti-tank grenade (Gewehr Panzergranate) C)large anti-tank grenade (Gross Gewehr Panzergranate).. The propelling unit is a wooden bullet blank cartridge, I do not have one in my collection... The cartridge case used is the standard 7.92/13m/m case as used in the PzB39 anti tank rifle.. I hope members enjoy this thread and rare item of German ordnance....BILL
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German WWII GrB39 Grenade Throwing Rifle   German WWII GrB39 Grenade Throwing Rifle  

German WWII GrB39 Grenade Throwing Rifle   German WWII GrB39 Grenade Throwing Rifle  

German WWII GrB39 Grenade Throwing Rifle   German WWII GrB39 Grenade Throwing Rifle  

"As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Default Re: German WWII GrB39 Grenade Throwing Rifle

uuuhhhh.......wow.

I think I would agree with you about this being a favourite item Bill. I love this one too!

Cheers, Ade.

great anti tank arm Bill !

Johnnie
    ?

Fantastic! And great pics too. I wonder how close the crew had to let a T-34 get before it was effective.
    Thanks for sharing this.

Johnnie

I wonder how bad the bruise on the shoulder was?

?

Seriously nice.

?

Beautiful, I never get tired of seeing this one Uncle Bill. Do you have any idea how many were made?

Bill, thats nice that fall under DD and a $200 stamp.

Quote by Kharkov43 View Post
    Bill, thats nice that fall under DD and a $200 stamp.
    No DD.. 8mm Cal.
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast