Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Gew 88, Danzig

Article about: To answer a question , yes it is great to shoot these. And to answer another - the bayonet for the gew88 was primarily the S71 and the S71/84. Though there are a myriad of ersatz wartime bay

?

Default Re: Gew 88, Danzig

To answer a question , yes it is great to shoot these. And to answer another - the bayonet for the gew88 was primarily the S71 and the S71/84. Though there are a myriad of ersatz wartime bayonets that fit the gew88 and the gew98.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MVC-019F.JPG 
Views:	1432 
Size:	73.2 KB 
ID:	31570   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MVC-017F.JPG 
Views:	1156 
Size:	70.4 KB 
ID:	31571  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MVC-026F.JPG 
Views:	191 
Size:	70.4 KB 
ID:	31572  

Hot dang! Nice collection! Yours?

?

Quote by packin9 View Post
    Hot dang! Nice collection! Yours?
    Yes ; they are part of my anti democrat whorde of evil weapons , and just to make Biden and bunch cringe I do shoot them. They all have matched wood and bolts with not a turked with example among them. That's just how I roll. I like these 88's almost as much as gew98's.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	17 danzigs.JPG 
Views:	599 
Size:	52.6 KB 
ID:	31643  

Quote by gew98 View Post
    Yes ; they are part of my anti democrat whorde of evil weapons , and just to make Biden and bunch cringe I do shoot them. They all have matched wood and bolts with not a turked with example among them. That's just how I roll. I like these 88's almost as much as gew98's.
    Thanks for showing a nice collection.I do not collect or have knowledge in this area ,can you tell us more about the carbine.It looks very interesting.It must give quite a "kick".Looks similar to some Mannlicher hunting rifles I have seen from the early 20th century.
    Good Collecting,
    Von

I noticed the carbine has a turn down bolt. Nice Mausers too! Biden & Co. make me cringe. Not looking very good the next 4.

?

The 'carbine' is basically a gew88 shortened for cavalry and artillery troop use, usually encountered is the Kar88. The example pictured is a Gew91. The only difference between the Kar88 and the gew91 was the addition of a stacking rod - and it's primary issue with that rod to artillery troops and to a small extent bicyclist troops.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12