Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Gew 88, Danzig

Article about: To answer a question , yes it is great to shoot these. And to answer another - the bayonet for the gew88 was primarily the S71 and the S71/84. Though there are a myriad of ersatz wartime bay

?

Default Re: Gew 88, Danzig

To answer a question , yes it is great to shoot these. And to answer another - the bayonet for the gew88 was primarily the S71 and the S71/84. Though there are a myriad of ersatz wartime bayonets that fit the gew88 and the gew98.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gew 88, Danzig   Gew 88, Danzig  

Gew 88, Danzig  

Hot dang! Nice collection! Yours?

?

Quote by packin9 View Post
    Hot dang! Nice collection! Yours?
    Yes ; they are part of my anti democrat whorde of evil weapons , and just to make Biden and bunch cringe I do shoot them. They all have matched wood and bolts with not a turked with example among them. That's just how I roll. I like these 88's almost as much as gew98's.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gew 88, Danzig  

Quote by gew98 View Post
    Yes ; they are part of my anti democrat whorde of evil weapons , and just to make Biden and bunch cringe I do shoot them. They all have matched wood and bolts with not a turked with example among them. That's just how I roll. I like these 88's almost as much as gew98's.
    Thanks for showing a nice collection.I do not collect or have knowledge in this area ,can you tell us more about the carbine.It looks very interesting.It must give quite a "kick".Looks similar to some Mannlicher hunting rifles I have seen from the early 20th century.
    Good Collecting,
    Von

I noticed the carbine has a turn down bolt. Nice Mausers too! Biden & Co. make me cringe. Not looking very good the next 4.

?

The 'carbine' is basically a gew88 shortened for cavalry and artillery troop use, usually encountered is the Kar88. The example pictured is a Gew91. The only difference between the Kar88 and the gew91 was the addition of a stacking rod - and it's primary issue with that rod to artillery troops and to a small extent bicyclist troops.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2