Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

GI Joes combat captured G43 rifle find.

Article about: Had this a while,been in the safe,thought some of you guys might be into these.100% matching as issued.Early b block ac44,still has threaded muzzle and solid both knob.Wont say what I paid b

Default GI Joes combat captured G43 rifle find.

Had this a while,been in the safe,thought some of you guys might be into these.100% matching as issued.Early b block ac44,still has threaded muzzle and solid both knob.Wont say what I paid be it was a very good deal.The vet stamped his name and rank in side of buttstock,to some it hurts the value but to others not so much,part of its history afterall.At least the stock was never sanded nor the metal messed with.It has numerous dents and gouges on stock showing its combat use.It gives a new meaning to the phrase GI Joe as this vets name was Joe!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture GI Joes combat captured G43 rifle find.   GI Joes combat captured G43 rifle find.  

GI Joes combat captured G43 rifle find.   GI Joes combat captured G43 rifle find.  

GI Joes combat captured G43 rifle find.   GI Joes combat captured G43 rifle find.  

Beautiful piece, very green eyed. Love it.

?

Awesome TC

MAP
    ?

Fantastic. I have two of these. One an indirect Vet pick up. Had a photo of the Vet rolled up in the butt stock hole...not as cool as the name carved in the stock though
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

PRE
    ?

Outstanding example, congratulations! The GI's name stamping doesn't bother me at all, especially as it wasn't done over any stock cartouches. Things like that I don't mind, but I can't stand so-called 'trench art' carvings in stocks.

Thanks guys!Map sounds like you have 2 good ones.The outside bright pics make the stock looks smoother than it is with the shiney glare.Here are some inside showing the rough red glue stock better,It looks better in hand believe me!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture GI Joes combat captured G43 rifle find.   GI Joes combat captured G43 rifle find.  

?

How do these rare rifles shoot? You guys are USA based so you must have taken them out in a field or to a range

I shot this when I first got it and it worked fine,used commercial 8mm mauser ammo. Then was told that was not wise as you could break a matching part and greatly diminish the value.I think its rare but it has happened I guess.I used to test fire all my ww2 guns for function, never had a problem but quit doing it a while back,why take a chance if its a matching gun.

late war metals is a big issue. Fantastic semi, wish I could have one!!

Yeah Rene not as well made as the earlier weapons for sure but this would be very early 44 Walther when they still had decent quality control.I think the Mauser plant was acually much better than Walther towards the end.Anyway I havent taken the stock off of this rifle but if you look at the G43 marking, there is a german eagle proof stamped over part of the 3,you can see the top of it,havent seen that before,need to take the stock off and see what markings are under there!Am sure its SS marked,ha ha.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast