Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

GLOCK G21 SF semi auto pistol mfg in AUSTRIA

Article about: my new GLOCK G21 SF in 45 acp semi auto pistol showing the ejection of the empty brass cases ejecting during test firing. The Glock pistols are widely used by numerous countries around the w

Default GLOCK G21 SF semi auto pistol mfg in AUSTRIA

my new GLOCK G21 SF in 45 acp semi auto pistol showing the ejection of the empty brass cases ejecting during test firing.

The Glock pistols are widely used by numerous countries around the world, designed by Austrian engineer Gaston Glock

these were originally made for the Austrian military but soon became popular with many military & police agencies around the globe 65% of US LE use the Glock pistol

The Glock pistols are famous for their rugged reliability and ease of maintenance since it has very few parts, and is light weight.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture GLOCK G21 SF semi auto pistol mfg in AUSTRIA   GLOCK G21 SF semi auto pistol mfg in AUSTRIA  

GLOCK G21 SF semi auto pistol mfg in AUSTRIA   GLOCK G21 SF semi auto pistol mfg in AUSTRIA  

GLOCK G21 SF semi auto pistol mfg in AUSTRIA   GLOCK G21 SF semi auto pistol mfg in AUSTRIA  

Great pistol. Our police forces use them also, but in 40 cal. I believe.
    Must have some kick to it, but nice to shoot.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Cool Glock G19 in 9mm NATO

I also have this Glock 19 in standard 9mm luger, these are also widely used , the IRAQI Police also use it
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture GLOCK G21 SF semi auto pistol mfg in AUSTRIA   GLOCK G21 SF semi auto pistol mfg in AUSTRIA  

There is one small problem with shooting a Glock, and that is if you reload you have to be very very careful with this ............ having an unsupported chamber.....it can cause the cases to bulge - and if they are not sized correctly - you'd better stand clear I used to have a couple of Glock but have changed to an STI and Sig X6

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    There is one small problem with shooting a Glock, and that is if you reload you have to be very very careful with this ............ having an unsupported chamber.....it can cause the cases to bulge - and if they are not sized correctly - you'd better stand clear I used to have a couple of Glock but have changed to an STI and Sig X6
    they actually changed the chamber tolerances on the newer models, the older models had less supported chambers / looser tolerances

I compared the fit of a round in the chamber with a new G21 with my M1911A1 with a round in the chamber, and noticed it was almost the same, very little play, the older models were looser and you could hear the bullet rattle if you wiggled it to check the fit

I also compared the fired brass from a current mfg G21 with a fired brass case from a M1911A1 , the fired brass from the Glock still slid right in the M1911's chamber, no signs of over expansion / bulging , no glock face on the brass

if buying a Glock I would recommend buying one of the current production models with updated chamber with tighter tolerances than the older models.

PRE
    ?

My favorite semi-automatic pistols. I was assigned the G22 on duty but switched to the G21 for the remainder of my service. The G21 is a fantastic pistol, but the huge advances made in combat (9mm, .40S&W, .45ACP) pistol bullet design and performance over the last ten years has resulted in almost no difference in terminal performance between the three calibers. I now carry a G17 for CCW and am considering a G19, too.

These are also very simple to work on. I'm a Glock Armorer and do all of the work on my own pistols. Battle Gear, you'll want to upgrade from the standard sights. There are many, many choices out there, all of them better than what the pistol came with.

Best,
    Pat

Quote by PRE View Post
    My favorite semi-automatic pistols. I was assigned the G22 on duty but switched to the G21 for the remainder of my service. The G21 is a fantastic pistol, but the huge advances made in combat (9mm, .40S&W, .45ACP) pistol bullet design and performance over the last ten years has resulted in almost no difference in terminal performance between the three calibers. I now carry a G17 for CCW and am considering a G19, too.

These are also very simple to work on. I'm a Glock Armorer and do all of the work on my own pistols. Battle Gear, you'll want to upgrade from the standard sights. There are many, many choices out there, all of them better than what the pistol came with.

Best,
    Pat
    If I upgraded my stock sights, I would probably go with the OEM steel sights with the same white outline as used on the plastic ones

I havent changed it because I dont want to risk damaging my slide installing a steel sight, Ive seen some people hammer them on causing damage, I would need to take it to a qualified gunsmith with the proper sight pushing tools.

PRE
    ?

Quote by battle gear View Post
    I havent changed it because I dont want to risk damaging my slide installing a steel sight, Ive seen some people hammer them on causing damage, I would need to take it to a qualified gunsmith with the proper sight pushing tools.
    It sounds like they weren't qualified to do that in the first place. Glock sells a dedicated FS pusher that does the job perfectly. I'm sure there are other ways out there to achieve the same effect, but it still comes down to competence.

Have you considered low-light sights? I've used several different types, but can recommend these higher than others:
    REDBACK ONE COMBAT TRAINING SYSTEMS

Good luck,
    Pat