MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

has any one ever herd of a pistol like this

Article about: by Berthier92 I have heard of this before. Before the Japaneese began mass producing the Nambu Type 14 pistol, many Japaneese officers were equipped with the Nambu Type 94. Produced by Nagoy

Default has any one ever herd of a pistol like this

i was at an auction a while back and i was talking to some of the the gun collectors there and he told me about a pistol that his father had brought back from WW2. He said it was a pistol that an officer carried, and when a person that did not know the pistol or was not familiar with it would try to fire it it would "backfire" and shoot the person but it looked like an ordinary pistol.

He said he had never seen one before or since and that he did not have it anymore because it was stolen. I was wondering if anyone hear has heard of such a pistol or if this guy was just full of hot air

Default Re: has any one ever herd of a pistol like this

Never heard of such a weapon. Would sort of defeat the whole purpose of carrying a firearm?? Be interested to hear that it was indeed true.
    Tom

Mr Matt

Sounds like complete fantasy to me.

The Germans did of course develop this

Lexikon der Wehrmacht - Sturmgewehre

Regards

Richie

?

Plus you had better remember which setting you left it on in the heat of a battle

Wonder how effective the Krummlauf actually was.
    Tom

Reg
    ?

Never heard of a pistol like that, reminds me a little though of the famous Nazi belt bucke double or quad barreled .22 pistols, generally thought to have been faked up soon after the war...or were they?????? LOL

Cheers
    Reg

no it was not the Stg with the curved barrel
    and to StugIII it worked but some times the bullet would warp or fragment as it went through the bend and tumble or spray out of the muzzle
    also the man said that it was used when an officer had to surrender his side arm

and no i dont really believe the story because it seams pretty far fetched but i just figured i would ask if anyone hear had ever heard of one so thank you all for your input

This is just a nice story,some people just make up stuff.This is a new one for me.Think about it for a minute who would make a weapon that would only work for one person during the time of work even if it was for a officer.fantasy

I have heard of this before.
    Before the Japaneese began mass producing the Nambu Type 14 pistol, many Japaneese officers were equipped with the Nambu Type 94. Produced by Nagoya Rifle Mfg Co., the Type 94 was a deadly design. Problems began right at the start. the pistol was heavier and more expensive to produce than predecessors, and if the sear on the side was accidentally knocked, a round could sometimes fire. Soldiers were cautioned to not repeatedly fire the weapon but to let it cool first, as its weak and faulted design tended to cause the barrel to burst and the pistol to backfire and explode in the users hand.

In my Firearms collectors Encyclopedia, there is a warning note attached that this weapon is highly dangerous to use and should only be kept as a deactivated trophy.

Did his father fight in the pacific perhaps?

?

I seem to remember reading somewhere that there was a weapon produced for SOE or OSS that had the ability to do this operation. i think it was called a capture pistol, designed to be used should you be caught and had the weapon taken from you,you took a chance and made a dash for it and hoped they would use the pistol against you, how true that is i dont know, but it would be bloody risky, i wouldnt want to try it

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast