MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Heckler & Koch G3A3 Assault Rifle.

Article about: Nice looking rifle. I'm not that keen on modern weapons, but the Heckler & Koch has something about it! There is something in the back of my mind telling me that there used to be a way o

Default Re: H&K G3A3 Pix.

Going back to the use of Bren magazines on the SLR. Back in 1971/72 that is all I ever used on my SLR. I never had a stoppage either. The Bren magazine spring was more than capable of feeding the ammo into the gun. I have heard some people suggest that the Bren was gravity-fed, and that is why the magazine was on the top. This is rubbish. Having a long curved magazine underneath the weapon would have created problems with ground-clearance and the magazine getting snagged. Here's a few pictures of me with my SLR fitted with the Bren mag. The pictures were taken at the Bus Depot opposite Andersonstown RUC Station in Jan 72. It is also worth noting that you NEVER loaded 30 rds into a Bren mag, it was always 28. The reason for this was that although the capacity was indeed 30 rds, it was considered that to load to capacity would weaken the magazine spring and could also jam up the magazine
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heckler & Koch G3A3 Assault Rifle.   Heckler & Koch G3A3 Assault Rifle.  

Default Re: Heckler & Koch G3A3 Assault Rifle.

Back to the G3 Great looking weapon, I've been wanting to get a more modern weapon for my collection and the G3 seems like a good one to get. But would you say the normal £300...ish asking price is reasonable for one?

Thanks

Danny

Quote by GasMasksUK View Post
    Back to the G3 Great looking weapon, I've been wanting to get a more modern weapon for my collection and the G3 seems like a good one to get. But would you say the normal £300...ish asking price is reasonable for one?

Thanks

Danny
    Hi Danny, I agree with you! £300 is steep i reckon but ive never been able to find any G3's cheaper than £325! I recently saw an old spec deac G3 with working parts and the guy was asking £800 for it. Apparently the G3 is getting a little scarcer now compared to some other deacs, not sure how true this is but there are a few variations of the weapon to collect so would make an interesting collection. That said dont think i could collect too many at £300+ a throw. It does show the deac market has not waned as predicted and prices are increasing with each year. The main reason i wanted the G3 was because the SAS used them in Northern Ireland, so had to grab one mate. Best Regards, Tim.

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    Going back to the use of Bren magazines on the SLR. Back in 1971/72 that is all I ever used on my SLR. I never had a stoppage either. The Bren magazine spring was more than capable of feeding the ammo into the gun. I have heard some people suggest that the Bren was gravity-fed, and that is why the magazine was on the top. This is rubbish. Having a long curved magazine underneath the weapon would have created problems with ground-clearance and the magazine getting snagged. Here's a few pictures of me with my SLR fitted with the Bren mag. The pictures were taken at the Bus Depot opposite Andersonstown RUC Station in Jan 72. It is also worth noting that you NEVER loaded 30 rds into a Bren mag, it was always 28. The reason for this was that although the capacity was indeed 30 rds, it was considered that to load to capacity would weaken the magazine spring and could also jam up the magazine
    Great photos there mate and cheers for showing em! Regards, Tim.

yep 19 in a 20 clip and 27 or 28 in the 30 clip why they didnt make it a 22 round or 32 round clip so you could actually load it with 20 or 30 iv never figured out lol sadly all my pics are long gone courtesy of the bitch wh o dxed me while overseas all i got was a few cds bk bloody cow!! oh well such is life but id have liked ot share them all i have is a ghastly pongo pic of me in a RA unifrom bk in 87 when id just joined

Are you guys in the UK allowed to own guns that still work? or only deactivated ones?

Also does anyone know where I can find a deactivated PPSH-41?

im over here now wehrmacht but uk gun laws are very very restricted i tihnk ur allowed a .22 single shot pistol with license and grounds to use it or bolt actions if again u have the grounds to use it which isnt easy to get oh n some people stil have shotguns the hungerford incident and the dunblane incident made immense public outcries and they were the reasons for the restrictions that are in place not that it stops the illegal weapons getting into the hands of the criminals still so basically the law abiding citizen lost his rights over a few maniacs who never should have been granted licences in the firsat place

Quote by Falschirmjager View Post
    Hi Danny, I agree with you! £300 is steep i reckon but ive never been able to find any G3's cheaper than £325! I recently saw an old spec deac G3 with working parts and the guy was asking £800 for it. Apparently the G3 is getting a little scarcer now compared to some other deacs, not sure how true this is but there are a few variations of the weapon to collect so would make an interesting collection. That said dont think i could collect too many at £300+ a throw. It does show the deac market has not waned as predicted and prices are increasing with each year. The main reason i wanted the G3 was because the SAS used them in Northern Ireland, so had to grab one mate. Best Regards, Tim.
    I am tempted to go for one, but at the momet its a tie between a G3, DP28 Light Machine Gun, a Bren mk1 Light Machine Gun and a Yugo MG53 I still don't know what to go for really.

Thanks

Danny

?

Quote by panzerjaeger44 View Post
    lol jimpy i used to drool over the foreign weapons in our armoury ppshs aks 98s good seelction
    The one and only time that I ever got to fire an AK, MP5 and G3 was on a range day when we of our SF platoon were doing pre-competition practice shoots with our GPMG-SF kits and some members from a certain regiment based in Hereford happened to ask if they could share the range with us to do some "free shooting". Naturally we said yes and, in return, they let us "have a play" with the firearms that they had with them.
    Great fun was had by all and a great bunch of guys.

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

I can recall when you could own almost any weapon you wanted on a shotgun certificate. All that was done was the removal of the rifling, and in the case of weapons with auto capability - conversion to semi only. Even Sten guns were being sold with 24 inch barrels. I recall a Boys A/T rifle up for grabs - even Mg42's and Brens. I have to say to our American cousins that although on the whole the gun enthusiasts in this country are very safety-aware, the feeling I get is that the powers-that-be would love to disarm us. Meanwhile, the 'gangsters' run amock killing all the time. It is far easier to get a weapon illegally in this country than it is by going through the proper channels. The one's with guns who really scare me though are the police. In recent years they seem to have become 'trigger'happy' and very sloppy in the safety-aspect of handling weapons. While enthusiasts are held accountable for their actions - including safe storage and so on, the Police get away with it.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast