Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Heckler & Koch G3A3 Assault Rifle.

Article about: Nice looking rifle. I'm not that keen on modern weapons, but the Heckler & Koch has something about it! There is something in the back of my mind telling me that there used to be a way o

Default Re: Heckler & Koch G3A3 Assault Rifle.

Its a great looking weapon indeed, great purchase
    Congrats.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

Quote by NunoGTI View Post
    Its a great looking weapon indeed, great purchase
    Congrats.
    Cheers.
    Nuno
    Cheers! Yes its nice tool and has a great feel to it. Regards, Tim.

Quote by Falschirmjager View Post
    Cheers! Yes its nice tool and has a great feel to it. Regards, Tim.
    The G3's popularity speaks for itself as every soldier i have spoken to over here who has used one love the weapon. The Pakistan Army still use the G3 where it performs with great reliability in all conditions. I recently had the pleasure of working with a guy from Pakistan who was ex-Pakistan Army and he said he would never have wanted to use any other rifle as it had everything you need and the weight was about average for a weapon of its kind, long enough to be able to use a bayonet properly (unlike SA80!!), and full auto fire capability. He recalled a skirmish with Taliban insurgents on the Pakistan/Afghan border in 2008. The G3 outranged the Talibans AK47's six of the insurgents were easily despatched while one made a run for it and was taken down with a full auto burst which almost cut the man into two pieces. Regards, Tim.

Yes, i love my HK weapons also, here is a pic of some of my toys.

Brian

Quote by blackheart0866 View Post
    Yes, i love my HK weapons also, here is a pic of some of my toys.

Brian
    Very nice Brian! A seriously good collection there and thanks for showing them. Regards, Tim.

love the fives brings back memories lots of memories especially the 500 a day training on it lol

Default Re: H&K G3A3 Pix.

Quote by HVK View Post
    Why not use the G3 ? I can find several reasons... :-) Now I am trained on this rifle and have trained a lots of soldiers in shoothing it...

In general it is an ok rifle - compared to the relatively low price...

But ! It kicks as h.ll ! It is extremely difficult to train recruits in this rifle as the stock design is giving lots of soldiers blue eyes... And therefore becomming afraid of shooting it - and affecting accuracy. This also happens with experienced shooters...

It is very sensitive to cleaning the gas flutes in the chamber, and the large surface of the bolt makes it really sensitive to sand and other dirt.

You can shoot the last round and the bolt will close - and you will not know ! No bolt hold open device....

It is very heavy - and long...

As you probably can hear I do not like the rifle... :-) And I have shoot ++ 10.000 rounds with this type of rifle.. I would prefer the FAL (which I have never shoot :-) ) or the AR-15 which is a fantastic rifle...

I have shoot the G3 in full auto - and it works. If you make short and controlled bursts it is ok. Of course it is a waste of ammo as all full auto shooting - but there can perhaps be situations where you need it. We used to shoot it on 50m when shooting full auto and could hit a man size target with all bullets when shooting 2-4 round bursts.....
    I have fired one of these rifles and even with little experience with it at that time had no black eyes and no discomfort firing it-just one hell of a smile on my face afterwards! If the weapon is shouldered correctly there really should not be any issues with its recoil and i dont know of anyone else who has had this problem?? Though that does not necessarily mean that this problem hasnt occurred with some individuals. Obviously there is a fair old kick with this rifle but there again correct stance when firing the weapon is everything, you have to lean into this one a fair bit. I found accuracy was ok on open sights but the weapon really benefits from decent optical sights where its as good as anything else i reckon in that area. Like a lot of weapons it does have one or two bad points which let an otherwise fine weapon down a bit, but id rather have a G3 than an SA80 any day. It obviously hits harder than an SA80, has a better range and unlike the SA80 ammo, if you get hit with three or four 7.62-mm rounds you wouldnt get away-as has been the case in Afghanistan recently. Of course the top brass have been denying this issue with the SA80 but if the lads doing the shooting are saying that they have shot Taliban three or four times and theyve got away then you can bet your both legs thats the truth. i still think doing away with 7.62 NATO was a big mistake that one day might just come back to bite us in the ass. Best Regards, Tim.

just as well the mod have just adopted the L129A1 for sharpshooters one of the fastest responses to soldiers needs in a long time

Regards from Bosnia to all the fans Heckler & Koch G3A3, hecklerG3A3 own and I'm interested whether any of you know from which country comes this my copy. on the left side above the box says G3A3 serial number and two letters EN serial number below.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast