Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help needed identifying a leather holster with brass hooks.

Article about: Hi All, I am trying to identify this holster, but have drawn a blank. It has two compartments inside and two brass hooks on the outside. It looks old. Can anybody help identify this? Photos

Default Help needed identifying a leather holster with brass hooks.

Hi All,

I am trying to identify this holster, but have drawn a blank. It has two compartments inside and two brass hooks on the outside. It looks old.

Can anybody help identify this?

Photos are here:

Holster Photos by paul_hermitage | Photobucket

Many thanks

Paul

It has many modifications, but the holster does remind me of one Ive seen for a French ww1 (spanish) 7.65mm Ruby pistol.

I found these pics on google in 3 sec just to give you an idea what I mean. Could the brass hooks been added at a later stage? Would make sense, as the stichting is redone, and I cant find a Ruby holster with these hooks.
    Attached Images Attached Images Help needed identifying a leather holster with brass hooks.  Help needed identifying a leather holster with brass hooks. 

?

When asking questions about an item please post the item to the thread.

?

I believe it's a pre war Radom holster.
    Help needed identifying a leather holster with brass hooks.Help needed identifying a leather holster with brass hooks.

Hi Len,

For sure its exactly the same as the one in your picture. Many thanks for this. Any idea on why it might have been modified with these brass hooks?

Kindest Regards

Paul

Hi its a Ruby holster have seen alot used by the Finnish army

Very big size difference between a Ruby and a Radom P35-what are the dimensions of the OP's holster?

I agree it appears to be a pre war VIS (P35). Usually these are very valuable. The condition on that one isn't good but still these are rare.

Default More pictures...

Help needed identifying a leather holster with brass hooks.Help needed identifying a leather holster with brass hooks.Help needed identifying a leather holster with brass hooks.Help needed identifying a leather holster with brass hooks.

It's a Radom holster-the brass hooks would be mods to attach to a different belt/harness system-given that Poles moved though various countries to get to both France in 1940 and then Britain, the possibilities are numerous for which system.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast