Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Help Needed on Strange Walther PP Grips.

Article about: Greetings all, This Walther PP pistol is coming up for auction near me, and I wanted to get some opinions on it before the big day. It appears to be a normal wartime Walther PP pistol, but t

Default Help Needed on Strange Walther PP Grips.

Greetings all,

This Walther PP pistol is coming up for auction near me, and I wanted to get some opinions on it before the big day. It appears to be a normal wartime Walther PP pistol, but the grips are a white color instead of orange. Has anyone seen these types of grips before? Are they wartime manufacturer? Does this increase the value of the pistol? They are marked with the Walther banner. Sorry, this is the only picture I am able to get at the moment.

Cheers!

Help Needed on Strange Walther PP Grips.

Default Re: Help Needed on Strange Walther PP Grips.

As far i know war time grips were either the orange/brown or black, i suppose these grips could have been a private purchase.
    Last edited by Gunny Hartmann; 02-05-2013 at 07:17 PM.

I would say that these PP grips were a after market set... called Franzite out of Chicago, ILL 1960s 70s BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

That nailed it! Thanks for the info Bill. I figured they were aftermarket, but wasn't sure. I passed on it, but it still sold for a very decent price at $450.

'Franzite' ( cheap plastic ) grips are terrible.........
    Regards,

Steve.