Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hi Powers of WWII

Article about: My biggest problem is I can't confine my time to a single collection. I am just all over the place with what I acquire. Over the years I have always been a Hi Power fan and the WWII Hi Power

I forgot to ask about the neat stands you have.
    They are discreet and seem to hold the pistols
    up quite nicely.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    I forgot to ask about the neat stands you have.
    They are discreet and seem to hold the pistols
    up quite nicely.........
    It is a simple stand I built for photographing these pistols. It is really simple. I cut a piece of aluminum stock, polished it and then attached a late model magazine to it. That way I can leave the camera on a tripod and put more guns on the same stand without moving anything. All the photos were taken of one side first and then the other side.

I thought there may have been a slot milled into the bar
    for the mag base to slide into. Very effective and
    a good looking stand.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Steve,

I have a small taig end mill in my garage and tried to think of a good way to present them. I considered several different ways to build it and then just decided that sometimes the most simple works the best. There was already a hole in the base of the late model magazine so I just pulled the guts out of it and bolted it down right through the top into the plate. With multiple buffers and rouge it took me just a couple of minutes to sand and polish the piece. It took me about an hour to put it together, simple and effective.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12