Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

High Standard Model 'B'

Article about: by COLT 1911A1 I agree with lithgow... A lot of HSs model HD have ''PROPERTY OF U.S.'' stamped on the right side...Even in the old published ''HANDGUNS OF THE WORLD'' there is a photo of a U

Default High Standard Model 'B'

I just aquired my late father-in-law's High Standard pistol, which he has had since somewhere around the late 30's or so. I checking the 'net, I learned these pistols were issued to some of the US troops during WWII. Is this correct? The ser# is 522**, which I think puts it in the 38-42 time range. High Standard Model 'B'High Standard Model 'B'High Standard Model 'B'High Standard Model 'B'High Standard Model 'B'High Standard Model 'B'

Default Re: High Standard Model 'B'

Wishful thinking a 22cal would only piss someone off not Military use sorry.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Quote by ez1969 View Post
    Wishful thinking a 22cal would only piss someone off not Military use sorry.

Eric
    I could be wrong, but I agree with Eric. That pistol may hurt someone's feelings. I've never seen a military holster for anything like that either. Nice piece though!

I like your HI-Standard it is very collectable not so much back in the day but it is now IMO and they shoot great I still like it though you should be proud to have it.

Eric

?

Very nice. Looks like my HD Military but no hammer. Check out this link. High Standard Model Listings Hope it helps. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Can't piss you off to much if your on your knees and you take one in the back of the head.
    22 cal., endorsed by organized crime.

Rudy ; )
    "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity & make it work for you."
    Frank Zappa

Quote by Rudolf Karl View Post
    Can't piss you off to much if your on your knees and you take one in the back of the head.
    22 cal., endorsed by organized crime.

Rudy ; )
    Lol how true Rudy.

While .22 calbre ammo and the weapons that use it are not combat types they were/are often used for training and 'home guard' use in emergencies-the ammo is cheap and easy to use to learn the basics of shooting and can be used in both converted service weapons and types that are intended for .22 both pistols and long arms.

PS The High Standard model B US and related types were used during and after WW2 by the US forces as a trainer and a silenced model by the OSS/CIA for special forces ops.

Quote by lithgow View Post
    While .22 calbre ammo and the weapons that use it are not combat types they were/are often used for training and 'home guard' use in emergencies-the ammo is cheap and easy to use to learn the basics of shooting and can be used in both converted service weapons and types that are intended for .22 both pistols and long arms.

PS The High Standard model B US and related types were used during and after WW2 by the US forces as a trainer and a silenced model by the OSS/CIA for special forces ops.
    I agree with lithgow... A lot of HSs model HD have ''PROPERTY OF U.S.'' stamped on the right side...Even in the old published ''HANDGUNS OF THE WORLD'' there is a photo of a U.S. helicopter crew member in 'Nam, proudly showing a HS equiped with a silencer...
    Regards, Thanos.

The thread starters question was. I learned these pistols were issued to some of the US troops during WWII.. And I still see no (issued) 22cal to any troops.

Eric

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast