Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

HK416 Mags

Article about: I picked up these two magazines at a militaria fair recently, pretty sure they are from an HK416 or possibly a G31, they are both stamped with the HK logo on the base. I think the one with t

Default HK416 Mags

I picked up these two magazines at a militaria fair recently, pretty sure they are from an HK416 or possibly a G31, they are both stamped with the HK logo on the base.

I think the one with the yellow stripes could identify it as a mag for blank firing only although I appreciate theres not much stopping live rounds being loaded into it, however it does seem to have a modification to the front edge with a short 'gate' which would block the rounds untill the mag is inserted, as the mag is inserted the yellow protusion is moved down allowing the 'gate' to move down also, the rounds are then free to feed......?? it seems like a strange mod which does'nt look like it could add to anything safety wise...........any one encountered one like this before......?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HK416 Mags   HK416 Mags  

HK416 Mags   HK416 Mags  

?

Hi Lugerlout, They are for the current British Army SA80 A2 made by HK. The mag with the yellow stripes is for blank ammunition only. Cheers, Sean.

Thanks Sean, I guess that these should be STANAG compatible magazines then which will fit any NATO firearm.

Phil.

?

Hi Phil. I am not entirely sure what you mean with STANAG? I know they are compatible with the M249 SAW as well. Cheers, Sean.

?

Quote by seandm View Post
    Hi Lugerlout, They are for the current British Army SA80 A2 made by HK. The mag with the yellow stripes is for blank ammunition only. Cheers, Sean.
    What he said.

Long story short; after experiencing severe problems with the SA80, the ever competent HK was called in to fix it for a not insubstantial amount.

A bi-product of this are these magazines.

Some of the best, if not THE best metal magazines for, amongst others, the M4/AR15 family and clones.

I have tried these and they work superbly.

?

Scout is correct, With the SA80 A1 variant it had numerous reliability issues and was prone to jamming, A lot! If you dropped a mag during a reload etc it would simply break or fail to feed the rounds from the magazine. It was simply put a terrible weapon lol. The HK A2 designated version is far superior but the only external difference is the charging/cocking handle. Its all internal differences as well as the magazine. Cheers, Sean.

Quote by seandm View Post
    Hi Phil. I am not entirely sure what you mean with STANAG? I know they are compatible with the M249 SAW as well. Cheers, Sean.
    Sorry, STANAG is a series of Standardisation Agreements between NATO countries to ensure compatability of equipment, it means that the mags from the SA80 will fit the M16 and other NATO firearms.

Thanks Scout, could the one marked for blank firing be used for live rounds ??

?

Hi Phil, Ah yes that makes sense, They do indeed fit the M16. Cheers, Sean.

?

Thank you, Lugerlout. I believe the blank mag can NOT be used for live rounds, but as its a safety issue, pls wait for an opinion from 'seandm,' as he sounds like he knows more about the blank mag.

Ive used the 'live' HK mags only in Afghanistan.

For obvious reasons, there were not many blanks about.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast