Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

how do i fix my C. P. Goerz scope lenze

Article about: i went out shooting and and the concave and convex lenses in the rear part of the scope popped apart when it happened i thought i shattered the lens because there was some sort of residue fr

Default how do i fix my C. P. Goerz scope lenze

i went out shooting and and the concave and convex lenses in the rear part of the scope popped apart when it happened i thought i shattered the lens because there was some sort of residue from an adhesive but i dont know what i can do to fix it
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture how do i fix my C. P. Goerz scope lenze   how do i fix my C. P. Goerz scope lenze  

how do i fix my C. P. Goerz scope lenze  

Default Re: how do i fix my C. P. Goerz scope lenze

You could try taking the two lenses to your local opticians and see if they will glue them back together for you

You need to take it to someone that fixes binoculars. traditionally scopes and camera lens elements were held together with Balsam pitch, optically clear and removeable if needed. I do not know if there is a modern synthetic replacement but you should have a pro look at this as the scope housing will beed to be cleaned of any/all dust and whatever and the elemets reseated properly.

?

There is a fellow out in California - Don Miller , Victorville CA - that has repaired many german scopes. I used to be in touch with him years ago when there was a KCN newsletter. Don't have his current details but I would think you could look him up with what I remember off hand.

thank you for all the help guys

I would hazard a guess that they were never glued together, but only held in place by a lens cell. It was more usual to glue prisms together than lenses. Depending on their quality they are usually made from two different types of glass - crown and flint. In large telescopes these two lenses are often air spaced. As always, I would add the caveat that I could be wrong!