Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

How do you display your firearms?

Article about: I'm looking for suggestions of how to display my hand guns, I've a number of different types so I don't know whether to display them all together or grouped in type. I was going to display t

Default How do you display your firearms?

I'm looking for suggestions of how to display my hand guns, I've a number of different types so I don't know whether to display them all together or grouped in type. I was going to display them on peg board but I may just use the pegboard for the Brens and rifles and buy a cabinet for the hand guns (Like Bens Luger display).

How do you display your firearms?

Just speaking from personal preference, I'd be more inclined to go for smaller groupings. Displayed in one bulk lot can dominate the senses a bit, and detract from the interest in individual items.
    Visually, anything displayed in odd numbers is preferable to even numbers. Landscape gardeners always plant in 3's, 5's, 7's etc. for that reason. Looking at the photo above, I find looking at the group of three easier on the eye than looking at a group of four, for that same reason.
    Just a thought.

Cheers, Willie.

?

Nice collection. Willie has given good advice on how you display them and it also depends on how much room you have for the display. But a peg board with them displayed in groups of three as Willie said with the info about them below them sounds like a good idea. And of course depends what type of cabinet you get. You need one that displays them so you can see them well. Of course the best way to display them is in my hands, LoL. Ray

For my rifles I have them wall mounted on transparent brackets so you can lift them on/off easily and the weapon is still really visible. I don't have any pistols currently but I'm looking into purchasing a TT-33 sometime around March/February, and if i manage to do so I'll probably have them out on my shelves with my other display stuff.

These are all deactivated of course, If they where live firearms I would probably take a different approach (although it is highly unlikely I will have a chance to own one with the UK laws).

?

I wouldn't too many damn thieves out there.

We can't. They are required by law to be securely locked away. Knifes, Swords, bayonets and firearms made before 1870 can be displayed on the wall or in glass cabinets.

hello:
    Nice looking handguns.
    If you look at my Albums. you will see how I display mine. I do know revolvers are a little Different to display.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.