Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

How do you hang your rifles?

Article about: I am thinking about mounting my No.1 MkIII SMLE Lee Enfield and my K98 Mauser on my wall. How should I do this without damaging the rifles? Any ideas are great, so post anything you might kn

Default Re: How do you hang your rifles?

Thanks Panzer 3,
    Will post another pic when major re-organisation is more advanced. Busy printing and updating many lables. Can you suggest a spray or 'iron on' laminate to protect them from my pipe smoke!?
    All best,
    navyman.

Hi Navyman,
    Yes there are some pieces you can buy in any arts and graphic
    shops, you can buy a spray that will dry like a varnish that protects the surface. also you can buy a laminate, these come on packs for five, all you do is place the cards in to the middle of them and press down gently you will find they last for years this way as the air cant get to them. They may suggest other things you can use but this is what i use.
    Dave.

Nice collection Dave,you could use heat shrink on the hangers it would look a lot neater.

z4

Hello again Dave, and Z,
    Thanks for the tips, could you let me have some details about heat shrink, sounds as though I could use that as well?
    Cheers,
    navyman.

You can buy heat shrink tube from electrical supply shop's.
    It comes in different sizes and colours, you simply put it over the object you want to cover heat it up with a heat gun or hair dryer and it shrinks to the size of the covered object.

It is used mostly for covering wires that have been joined together.

Take a look here. _http://www.allproducts.com/manufacture100/yzic/product1.html

z4.

Hi Z4,
    thanks for the tip on the shrink rap, i will look into that, what i use in 6mm will it cover that?
    dave.

Hi, Martin,
    when you find what hangers you need please show us what you have as it is interesting what comes out of this, best of luck.
    Dave.

Many thanks,
    This could save me a lot of gaffer tape, it's a few (!) years since I was an electrician.
    Cheers,
    navyman.

Quote by Panzer 3 View Post
    Hi Z4,
    thanks for the tip on the shrink rap, i will look into that, what i use in 6mm will it cover that?
    dave.
    Looking at the info on the site it say 50% shrinkage so I would use 8 or 10mm, to make sure just ask at the suppliers.

z4.

Gentlemen,

I remember asking this same question to Martin a while ago. After visiting my local hardware store looking for similar hooks as the ones he had bought (as to his nice reply to my question), I stumbled on other type of hooks that I believe are more suitable. These include a thick black rubber protection to prevent damage to the rifle, but the best thing is that the curvature of the hook makes the rifle to be about three centimetres away from the wall, thus preventing scratching the wood with the wall. And they display neatly, as if they would be "floating" close to the wall . At least I like them better like that than leaning against the wall.

Here are some pictures of the hooks as well as the weapons on the wall using this system.

Regards,

Gus
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture How do you hang your rifles?   How do you hang your rifles?  

How do you hang your rifles?   How do you hang your rifles?  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast