Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

How much is my SKS worth?

Article about: I have a Chinese SKS, I was told that this gun was made around the 50's...and was even possibly fired in the Korean war. Not sure if there is any truth to that, but whatever. Take a look, an

KillerDeluxe
    ?

Default How much is my SKS worth?

I have a Chinese SKS, I was told that this gun was made around the 50's...and was even possibly fired in the Korean war. Not sure if there is any truth to that, but whatever.

Take a look, and give me some delightful responses, or ask any more further questions. The Rifle is in good shape. Maybe a little dusty, but it fires and works. Some minor sraches here n there but nothing serious in the slightest. Hasn't been used in over 3 years or so.

?

Default Re: How much is my SKS worth?

At the risk of being the only mug to take the bait I can give a response, but whether you will find it delightfull is uncertain.

The handguard is an aftermarket replacement, as is the rear sight, and the magazine. The rubber butt extension is an aftermarket accessory.
    The pictures do not show a bayonet. If there is no long stabby thing sticking out the front end it is missing.

The Chinese SKS is known as the Type 56 after the year it was introduced, so unless it was posessed by someone with a time machine it 's doubtfull that it was used in the Korean war.

It's worth about $50.
    Last edited by Mick; 01-10-2011 at 08:57 AM.

KillerDeluxe
    ?

thank you...

i wanna get rid of this thing...

i was hoping it would of at be worth 100$ tho...

Killer, throw it on Gunbroker with a $110 reserve and see what happens. You never know.

Jay

The gun would sell pretty easy on gunbroker for the $110 sitges suggested. I would suggest you give the gun a good cleaning and wipe down with oil, then take pictures in natural light (outside).

SkS's are sold in all gun stores in NZ, the price range is almost always (for an average to good condition) between $NZD350-$NZD450 (116 Pounds- 150 Pounds UK)

?

Canadian dealer price for a Russian chrome bolt SKS works out at 86 GBP.