Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The hunt begins!

Article about: I've decided to begin looking for the next addition to my collection - an Enfield No5 Jungle Carbine. I've identified a few possibilities through online sellers and will be going to a histor

?

Default The hunt begins!

I've decided to begin looking for the next addition to my collection - an Enfield No5 Jungle Carbine. I've identified a few possibilities through online sellers and will be going to a historical arms gun show next weekend where they normally have a few.

I'm trying to find a 44 or 45 produced version - Fazakerly or BSA - in good shape with no import marks (if possible).

I'm amazed at the number of sellers offering Khyber Pass specials as actual No5s - scary, but easily identified.

By the way, IMA-USA s selling off a collection of WWI unit marked Enfield Action Covers. They were part of a collection sold when the owner passed away. Each has a tag with it identifying the unit as well as it's pre-WWI designation. They are not cheap - $75 each - but a real documented piece of history. I just ordered one.

Default Re: The hunt begins!

Sounds awesome, Mark! I wish you the best of luck!

4md
    ?

gday Mark, good luck with your search. I have a 47 dated FAZ jungle carbine, its one of my favorites. they are fun to shoot!! a lot louder and kick more than a normal full length enfield.
    You probably already know this but be wary of the jungle carbines cut down from no4's as "tributes"

original JC's have the scallops in the knox form of the barrel, lightened receiver, hole in the end of the bolt handle, and of course the rubber butt pad and flash hider on the barrel...... apologies if im telling you info you already know

regards Paul

Good luck in your hunt for one, they seem to be readily available. You will have to post some pics when you find it. Cheers, Robert

?

Hope you find one ! You must post some pics when you get it !

Kind regards
    Alex

?

Paul, I never turn down any advice!! Between my son and I we've got a pretty good understanding on the pitfalls and also have my copy of Stratton's Volume 2 on No. 4 and No. 5 rifles. But, with all of the fakes out there, it always helps to get advice from others!!!

?

I will certainly post pics!! I'm looking, primarily, for a wartime build so that limits me a bit. Gunbroker has a bunch - some obvious fakes - but the prices there are always above normal market. I found a nice one on GunsAmerica that is really nice and priced well - but it's a 12/45...and it sold overnight while I was waiting for some more info from the seller. So, I will bide my time and keep looking. There are normally a few at the gun show we go to every few months but it's hit and miss on condition, price, etc. Both my son and I are looking for one so it will be harder to find 2 good ones at the show...but you never know in the hobby of collecting!

Good luck on the hunt!

I've a unissued 1947 M47C example and a well used 1946 example, bare in mind that the 44/45 dated examples will be well used. Peter Laidler told me that in the far east, when they had damaged worn No.5s come in, they replaced parts with no.4 parts as there were no No.5 spares available. They even replaced the action bodies with no.4s so its possible to find early No.5s with a real assortment of parts, unfortunatly there arn't to many early guns in original condition.

?

Quote by m3bobby View Post
    I've a unissued 1947 M47C example and a well used 1946 example, bare in mind that the 44/45 dated examples will be well used. Peter Laidler told me that in the far east, when they had damaged worn No.5s come in, they replaced parts with no.4 parts as there were no No.5 spares available. They even replaced the action bodies with no.4s so its possible to find early No.5s with a real assortment of parts, unfortunatly there arn't to many early guns in original condition.
    Thanks! That's why I was tempted on the 12/45 Fazakerly that I found - but it sold before I could get some confirming info from the seller overnight. It looks to be almost all original with minor wear and tear. I'm looking at a 45 BSA but have not heard back from the seller yet - want to know the actual production month. Matching bolt/receiver and rear sight is correct. The magazine is from a Longbranch but could have easily been used to replace a lost original.

I'm not in a real hurry - although this is my Christmaspresent from my wife - so I'll look for the one that looks right. I prefer to find "experienced" examples and shoot all of my MILSURPS so some wear and tear is welcomed!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast