Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I found a "blocked" PPSH-41 in Ukraine!

Article about: by KRELLIS Unfortunaly i dont have enough experience with guns to pick this apart.. YouTube - PPSh 41 By TNW Firearms- Disassembly and Reassembly Yours will be even easier as the video shows

Exclamation I found a "blocked" PPSH-41 in Ukraine!

Hi there! I am in Ukraine, and in an antic shop i found a PPSH-41. I am from Sweden so my english does not rock by the way. The weapon is NOT a replica, but a "blocked" original made 1944, "blocked" meaning it can not be shot with.

I bought this for 300 bucks.

Anyway i just want to post some pictures of my gun along with some stamp pictures and the documents i got with it, just to make sure this is real.. I only payed 300 dollars for it, which makes me doubt a bit... But things here are not expensive.. I know there is alot of experts out there who can tell me if this is the real deal or not.

If anyone know the value for this gun, please let me know also!

Here come the pictures:

LOL my girlfriends nails =D Not mine...

I also bought some medals and stuff, will upload pictures soon!

Default Re: I found a "blocked" PPSH-41 in Ukraine!

Looks to be a wartime soviet dewat which has gone through the re-arsenal process (stock has been replaced and I believe the bolt originally had a stamped number that was replaced with a electropenciled number during refurbishment with whatever bolt was available). Sling looks correct. Any other mark on it?

Your wife/girlfriend was nice enough to hold the bolt in the last photo?

?

I assume as you did not show the business end of the bolt that it's ground away, and the "blocked " means the barrel is welded up ? It looks in great shape and if that's all that's been done to it it could easily be made to sing again. $300 is a good deal.

There is nothing wrong with your English.

As it happens my son has just moved to Sweden, he tells me that the Swedes are embarrased to speak English, but they all speak english perfectly.

I wonder if i can get this weapon to sweden... We will go by train, anyone know if this gun is leegal to take trough the polish border from ukraine? I dont want to be arrested and put in prison for trying to bring this back home. The man in the store said the document will make it leegal to take it trough the ukrainan border, but i dont know if EU rules will let me or not.. I am also thinking of bringing this in my backpack, would this be considered counsealed weapon?

?

If I were you and were not sure I would take it to pieces and post half of it to myself and take the other half back to Sweden in my back pack. That way you are only importing some old non scary pieces.

What are the marks on the stock? do you think this has been used in combat?

No the xxx on the stock are the crossing out of the old stock number and replacement with the new. This is common in soviet refurbishment programs where parts where not strictly kept together. Done post war. There is no way to know if it was 'used in combat'.

If anyone know about the laws to bring this to EU an/or the value, please let me know =) Unfortunaly i dont have enough experience with guns to pick this apart..

Quote by KRELLIS
    If anyone know about the laws to bring this to EU an/or the value, please let me know =) Unfortunaly i dont have enough experience with guns to pick this apart..
    Here is the same rifle (a 1944) available from the UK for 225 pounds or about 270 euros.
    (Russian WW2 PPsH41 - Deactivated Weapons - MILWEB CLASSIFIEDS )
    Last edited by CARL; 04-10-2014 at 08:36 PM.

?

Great find, if only i could find one for that price in the US! good luck on your journeys with the weapon. Im sure youll be fine. I would take the other posters advice and break it down as much as possible just in case you get some "jumpy" border gaurds/police. At least it wont look so intimidating with it broken down a bit. Look online for instructions to break it down a bit. It shouldnt be that difficult i would guess

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast