Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

I need help asap plz

Article about: I am looking at buying a WWII Lee Enfield M4 MK1 in Pennsylvania and need to know if you need a carry permit to transport the gun back to my house. I don't want to be arrested for something

Default I need help asap plz

I am looking at buying a WWII Lee Enfield M4 MK1 in Pennsylvania and need to know if you need a carry permit to transport the gun back to my house. I don't want to be arrested for something I didn't know. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Default Re: I need help asap plz

Check w/your local authorities...gun laws vary from state to state. As a 13yr. old, you may wish to have an adult w/you...

No, you don't but make sure no ammunition is with the gun. Check PSP website for info on guns, or your local police/sheriff/township for all the details. How old are you?If 13 then you will need mom or dad to buy it for you.

Quote by helmetone View Post
    No, you don't but make sure no ammunition is with the gun. Check PSP website for info on guns, or your local police/sheriff/township for all the details. How old are you?If 13 then you will need mom or dad to buy it for you.

To further that, it needs to be in a locked container out of reach( trunk etc..) most gun cases are designed to be padlocked.

transporting firearms in a car...

Ehm, are a 13 year old even allowed to own a weapon?!

A parent/ guardian will have to purchase the firearm for you and put it into his/her name. When you turn 18, you can transfer it onto your name if you wish.

Also, when transporting the rifle it should be locked and ammo should be kept separate from it.

No, not legally. Parent/Legal Guardian has to buy it. Once you go home, you can, in a sense, do what you want with it. There are national laws, and then each State has its own laws. They are all very liberal laws, feel good laws, and really don't protect you from anything. Did my feelings about that come out a little???

?

As others have said, your must be an adult of legal age to purchase a firearm in PA. Transporting a rifle does not require a permit - the rifleshould be placed in the trunk or rear if a SUV, away from occupants and should be unloaded.

A handgun is a totally different matter. It would be legal for it to be transported to/from the place of purchase or to/froma range without a permit. As with the rifle, it should by secured as far away from the driver/occupants as possible and be unloaded. Unless it is being transported to/from one of those two places, the owner must be in posession of a valid PA LTCF(License to Carry a Firearm) issued by the county in which he/she resides. Transport regulations apply to motorcycles, ATVs, bicycles, etc.

Transport it home in a zippered rifle case, unloaded and in the car trunk. Should be no problem then.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."