MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

I want to buy M1 rifle :)

Article about: Hi I am new to this forum and i actually find it because maybe u can help me. Where they sell this stuff? is it possible nowadays to buy just replica? i not buying it to shoot people i just

gregocelt
    ?

Default I want to buy M1 rifle :)

Hi
    I am new to this forum and i actually find it because maybe u can help me.
    Where they sell this stuff? is it possible nowadays to buy just replica? i not buying it to shoot people i just love ww2 history, specialy guns and i always wanted to create my own collection of ww2 guns

anyone could point me in right direction?
    thanks
    Greg

Default Re: I want to buy M1 rifle :)

Hi Greg, just answered your other post

M1 Garands can only be bought in the UK as deactivated. Live examaples were outlawed in 1989 when semi autos were banned. Or you could buy a horrible plastic replica which I would not advise. M1's are not cheap. Expect to pay between £650 and £1000.

Several for sale here:

http://www.milweb.net/classifieds.php?type=16

(I had my first M1 Garand rifle which was live and on a firearms licence at the age of 18, some 29 years ago now. It cost me £85 back then. It is now long gone. )

Cheers, Ade.

Dick
    ?

If you come to the States some time , I can arrainge for you to shoot a real one.

Dick
    ?

I forgot to ask if you are reffering to an M1 Garand, or M1 carbine?

gregocelt
    ?

Dick: thanks if i go i will let u know hehe
    oh and its M1 Garand

Adrian: thanks for this website, btw [stupid question - i'm new ] is deactivated mean i won't be able to shoot ?

Yes, deactivated means it is no longer capable for being used as a firearm and will not shoot.

Cheers, Ade.

Suber
    ?

A buddy of mine who lives in the UK came over for a visit and he nearly wet himself when he was able to shoot the Luger, 1911, etc. I cannot imagine NOT being able to enjoy a good day at the range with any weapon you want.

Dick
    ?

If you guys that are not allowed to own and or shoot a real live weapon in your own country, think you might consider getting a group together and come on over and spend a week in the land of the free. I can arrainge for you to fire what you want, you pay for the ammo, rooms and food. Transportation and weapons provided by various American collectors. No problem. Muskets to full auto, 22 to .50 cal.

Dick
    ?

Quote by Suber View Post
    A buddy of mine who lives in the UK came over for a visit and he nearly wet himself when he was able to shoot the Luger, 1911, etc. I cannot imagine NOT being able to enjoy a good day at the range with any weapon you want.
    Can you imagine if they were taken to Knob Creek?

Reg
    ?

Love the idea of live firing some of the historic arms we Brits covet..... not sure about this Knob creek thing? sounds a bit saucy to me!!!! LOL

By the way Gregocelt, if you fancy a collection of ww2 arms try collecting the de-act russian stuff, its affordable (for over here anyway) and quite a range to choose from, have a look at this link
    www.rytonarms.co.uk

You could have a couple of rifles and an SMG for the price of a M1.

Reg

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast