Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Identify Drum Magazine

Article about: Hello All, I am trying to find information on the magazine that I recently acquired. The individual I got this from said her father had a tag attached to it at one time describing the piece

?

Default Identify Drum Magazine

Hello All, I am trying to find information on the magazine that I recently acquired. The individual I got this from said her father had a tag attached to it at one time describing the piece but it has long since disappeared. The only thing she remembers is that he had written Rare on the tag. It appears to possibly be a training piece as it has one attached shell blank. Any ideas of the type or rarity that can help me with further research would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Identify Drum Magazine   Identify Drum Magazine  

Identify Drum Magazine   Identify Drum Magazine  

Identify Drum Magazine   Identify Drum Magazine  

This looks like a 100 round magazine off a Bren gun to me.

Hi,
    It does look like an anti aircraft Bren mag and it is rare to find one.
    Dave.

It's not a Bren drum or a Vickers K GO drum, I will try and identify it though.

And it's missing quite a few parts which there isn't much chance of finding I'm afraid.

It doesn't look to be a Bren mag. The proportions are off a bit, especially on that raised hub area on top.

This isn't helping the search either...

Identify Drum Magazine

?

Thanks to all for the replies. Does anyone think this may indeed be a training magazine with the fixed shell?

No, it's a real mag, I would say it is based on the K magazine but for another gun. The dummy rounds are normal and set up the live rounds correctly. I didn't know there was another variation untill I saw this one. Does it have any markings, could be very small.

Looks very Bren/K gun type with the dimpled case stampings. I can't think of any other drums that have these off hand. It's a near match. Maybe the missing components are off putting re ID.

There's definite differences between this one and the K or Bren drum. The front that clips is different and the actual halves don't have the same pressing. Could you post a close up of the dummy round?

?

Thanks again for the information passed on. Here are a couple quick pictures that I hope helps. The only markings that I can find are located on top and bottom of magazine - 1584 with another 8 underneath as pictured.Identify Drum MagazineIdentify Drum MagazineIdentify Drum MagazineIdentify Drum MagazineIdentify Drum MagazineIdentify Drum Magazine

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast