Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

iIS THIS A GERMAN HOLSTER ???

Article about: Hello is this a german holster ?? no markings anywhere thank you for your time and help Tony

?

Default iIS THIS A GERMAN HOLSTER ???

Hello
    is this a german holster ??
    no markings anywhere
    thank you for your time and help
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture iIS THIS A GERMAN HOLSTER ???   iIS THIS A GERMAN HOLSTER ???  

iIS THIS A GERMAN HOLSTER ???   iIS THIS A GERMAN HOLSTER ???  

iIS THIS A GERMAN HOLSTER ???  

?

It certainly looks old and worn enough to be WWII - no matter the country of origin.

I must stress, that I have no set-in-stone idea of what it is for, but the two rings for a sling on the back have me baffled and suggest to me that its not German.

It looks more lige for example the Japanese way of carrying some rigs, as it might not necessarily go on a belt (though there is a belt loop)but just simply be worn over one shoulder cross ways.

I seldom see WWII German holsters worn with two rings/loops on the holster and a sling over one shoulder directly attached to the holster (not to the belt).

I said 'for example' - might be European as well for all I know. It just reminded me of some Japanese rigs.

There might be European countries utilizing this kind of rig - thats outside my field of interest.

Default Japanese Holster

It is a Japanese Holster for a small .32 automatic pistol...IE: Colt, Mauser, Franz Stock, F. N. 1910,, ETC: BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

?

Hello Bill
    thank you very much for the help and info
    much appreciated
    Tony