Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Im new to guns and need help!

Article about: Hey guys, Im looking to build a replica wz.29 Radom rifle,But I have a couple of questions.I bought these parts (they were casted from the original) and Im wondering what else do I need to f

3mk
    ?

Default Im new to guns and need help!

Hey guys,
    Im looking to build a replica wz.29 Radom rifle,But I have a couple of questions.I bought these parts (they were casted from the original) and Im wondering what else do I need to finish the rifle?I know I need the stalk but what else?Can I use a regular mauser stalk as original wz.29 rifle stalks are hard to come by???
    Thanks!

P.s this replica isnt going to fire just for display
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Im new to guns and need help!  

3mk
    ?

Default Re: Im new to guns and need help!

Anyone??

Hi,
    Looking at the Wz 29, it isnt far off the design of the K98, mauser
    they seem to have the same features. I would think as this is just a wall hanger it would be ok to get hold of a mauser stock, I like the moulded rifle pieces once they are finished off they should look the
    part. all the best with your project, please show it when you finish it.
    dave.

HVK
    ?

I do not think that you need much more than these parts... Dont you mean the VZ 24 ?

You will need som srews for holding the parts in the stock if you do not glue them in. The stock of the VZ 24 and the K98 are to my memory alike exceot for the top handguard and the hardware. But if you should use it for reenacment no one will see it. If it is for display I would go for the real thing.

Good luck!

regards...

3mk
    ?

Hey Panzer3,
    Thanks for your info Ill try getting a hold of a stock.As for seeing the finished project,You might need to be abit patient and it will take me a while!

Hey HVK,
    the vz.24 is a Czech rifle I think and the wz.29 is a Polish produced rifle.Reenactment and a wall hanger is what Im going to use it for as originals are hard to come buy,and its hard to get a license to own a gun here in Canada.

Thanks guys !

3mk
    ?

Here are some pictures of the 2 rifles to compare the stocks.
    Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Im new to guns and need help!  
    Attached Images Attached Images Im new to guns and need help!