Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Indonesian made weapons in 1945 - 1949

Article about: Since i don't have any camera to share my newest finding, it's difficult for me to active in the forum again. But still nevertheless i'll show you some of my finding as the best as i could.

Lightbulb Indonesian made weapons in 1945 - 1949

Since i don't have any camera to share my newest finding, it's difficult for me to active in the forum again.
    But still nevertheless i'll show you some of my finding as the best as i could. And this time, a booklet from the TNI museum made in the 1980's.
    During the indonesian independence war in 1945-49, beside using the japanese and pre-war dutch weaponry also some war booty, the TNI at that time manage to made some interesting weaponry by themself. Many as you can see below, one of them clone from sten gun!
    A unique grenade called "granat gombyok"
    Anti personnel Mine
    Molotov cocktail
    One bullet, 9 mm single action pistol?

Indonesian made weapons in 1945 - 1949Indonesian made weapons in 1945 - 1949
    Another one bullet, 9 mm single action pistol?
    Many clones of sten gun and lanchester SMG also maybe pre-war dutch procured SMG. All of them in 9 mm caliber.

Some 2 inch mortars.

All of these weapons was made at that time in ex sugar cane factory in Demakijo Yogyakarta.
    Well i hope all of these can help you gents.

Very interesting!

?

Cool Post!! There is some very imaginative work there.

These are new to me. So thanks!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

very interesting weapons thanks for posting

Hello Feldgrau,

Very interesting! Especially the Pistol Mitraliur MkV, the top one on page 16.

In the past I posted a thread about this MP (a Dutch captured MP in Magetan on the 5th of march 1949) and received no definite answer about it's provenance. You solved the riddle! Thanks!

Cheers,
    Emile

Quote by earlymb View Post
    Very interesting!
    Quote by lew07 View Post
    Cool Post!! There is some very imaginative work there.
    Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    These are new to me. So thanks!
    Quote by Robin View Post
    very interesting weapons thanks for posting
    Glad i can be helpful in here

Quote by emileverbunt View Post
    Hello Feldgrau,

Very interesting! Especially the Pistol Mitraliur MkV, the top one on page 16.

In the past I posted a thread about this MP (a Dutch captured MP in Magetan on the 5th of march 1949) and received no definite answer about it's provenance. You solved the riddle! Thanks!

Cheers,
    Emile

Thank you, glad to hear we manage to solve some history riddle.

Ah that’s really interesting , that’s indeed demakijo weapon.

I really wonder if there’s some demakijo weapon in the dutch museum or private collector in there.

How about this 1947 dated photo? I think it’s another demakijo made weapon.

And based from the information i got, demakijo also made another weapon such as tekidanto (japanese knee mortar) and Lee Enfield Jungle Carbine (Indonesian called it kirof carbine). Also long time ago i read from the biography book about the student army (tentara pelajar) in Solo, they used a sten gun copy called “pren gun”. I think it’s demakijo gun. Unfortunately i don’t have the book anymore, but as far as i remember the SMG is similar with the photo i posted above.

About the quality of these demakijo made weapons, like other home made weapons all around the world, it’s not good one. In some cases these weapons jammed during firefight or the barrel bent because of continous fire. Even that “granat gombyok” caused the thrower to lost his hand. Because the grenade “tail” or “hair” acted as fuse which the thrower must burnt it first to detonate the grenade, burnt too fast and detonating it when it’s still on the hand!

One more thing, beside Demakijo there’s another weapon factory in Sentolo also in Yogyakarta. But this ex steel company called Watson factory, tried to produce submarine! But it’s failed because the dutch manage to overrun the factory.

Btw i make some error in here. What i got is not booklet but weapon catalog and it’s from 1977.

Hello Felfgrau,

I wonder why they made at least four different copies of the Sten?

Producing the copy of the KNIL M39 (MP28-II) is more costly and time consuming then producing Sten copies, so why not stick to one Sten copy?

Where did the TNI get it's ammo? They can't have captured it all from the Dutch. The TNI would have had need of .303, 6.5 mm Mannlicher, 9 mm Para and the various Japanese calibers. That would have been a suppliers nightmare!

Cheers,
    Emile

Very informative Timur. Great work Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by emileverbunt View Post
    Hello Felfgrau,

Producing the copy of the KNIL M39 (MP28-II) is more costly and time consuming then producing Sten copies, so why not stick to one Sten copy?
    That M39 might be partly original, maybe with a new barrel? Repairing it might be easier and more efficient than producing a new weapon of inferior quality.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast