Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Interesting MP40.

Article about: Help!! In an old attic I found this MP40 submachine gun.Its material is cast elastol.Its size is the same as the original MP40.It is marked with WaA103.Can an original war piece be?If so, wh

Default Interesting MP40.

Help!!
    In an old attic I found this MP40 submachine gun.Its material is cast elastol.Its size is the same as the original MP40.It is marked with WaA103.Can an original war piece be?If so, what was it used for?Maybe training?

Thanks.

Interesting MP40.Interesting MP40.Interesting MP40.Interesting MP40.Interesting MP40.Interesting MP40.Interesting MP40.Interesting MP40.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Interesting MP40.   Interesting MP40.  

Interesting MP40.   Interesting MP40.  

Interesting MP40.  

Defiantly an interesting piece for sure. With manufacturing codes, and serial numbers. Would the Germans put this much attention into the detail just for a training weapon? My guess is that this piece is some type of post war display item. But I could be totally wrong. I hope a more experienced member can help you soon.

Best regards- Jarret

If it was a training weapon then wouldn't it be marked "Ubungs" on it somewhere? I have not heard of such a thing, but it may exist. However I think this one might just be an old film prop.

Lightbulb

Have to say that my first reaction is 'film prop' - although it may have an original sling. I have handled one or two old film-prop guns which are sometimes cold-moulded from an original weapon and look very similar to this example.

I think it's not a training weapon, you can see training MP in the book about FJ SS, they have MPs in wood with one web sling.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Sure is something you don't see everyday. Quite a find and would like to know where it came from and who made it for sure.

Dont know what it is but like was said very interesting!

Yes, A very interesting find. I think i would lean towards a film prop post war.