Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Interesting Sten MkII

Article about: This very interesting Sten gun is offered for trade on a different forum, and I am interested in getting it, I just love the look of it Apparently it was in a plane that was shot down carryi

Default Interesting Sten MkII

This very interesting Sten gun is offered for trade on a different forum, and I am interested in getting it, I just love the look of it
    Apparently it was in a plane that was shot down carrying equipment for the Norwegian resistance and it was salvaged after the war. In the crash it broke in three pieces.

I can not think of anything to trade for it at the moment, but the seller asked me to give him an offer, so I am just wondering, what could this thing be worth?(Money wise) I would have no clue on how to price it.
    Interesting Sten MkII
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

It's very interesting but i wouldn't pay much for it, i've just searched on google and you can pick up a deactivated mk 2 for about £300 here in Britain!...

?

Naaah Dont waste Yer money. Buy mine instead

?

Dang, thats certainly a very interesting background if true!

As to worth, its worth what one is willing to pay for it.

Whats one mans gold is another mans junk.

It really impossible for us to put an exact number on it.

In the eyes of some, it'll be worth next to nothing - for others a lot (especially with that background....., but buy the item not the story).
    Personally, I like it a lot!

One thing is for sure; that thing is deactivated....with a vengeance!

Looks like it got run over by a STUG.

It wood look nice professionally mounted on a display board with info about the resistance arms drop but yes, for me $150 would be TOPS.

( but then I'm a relic nutter ) ........

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

I second that; mounting it on the wall with info and pic of the most likely type of plane is the way ahead. Could make for a great display (but then I'm a relic nutter as well)

?

You might be able to shoot around the corners with it???? What about deact you would still need to carry that out???..I know in the Uk somebody would get upset that it isn't??... Good luck what ever you choose to do? Cheers Terry.

?

Quote by Tango View Post
    You might be able to shoot around the corners with it???? What about deact you would still need to carry that out???..I know in the Uk somebody would get upset that it isn't??... Good luck what ever you choose to do? Cheers Terry.
    Cottage production 'Krummlauf!'

You are right. Some offcials might get their knickers in a bunch in regards to the SMG. Even in that condition the law in some countries will most likely stipulate, that procedure in regards to deactivation is followed (not saying that it is so in this case).

Quote by Scout View Post
    Cottage production 'Krummlauf!'
    Ha ha ....... absolutely, Scout
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Interesting Sten MkII  
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

IMO it would look good nicely displayed with either an old section of parachute with a few cords wrapped around it or some pieces of a weathered old wood crate lots of possibilities for display I would have no problem forking out $150.00 for it great conversation piece.

Regards Mark K

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast