Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Ishapore SMLE 2A magazine

Article about: I guess this is ok to post here?Does anyone know where to purchase a magazine for a Ishapore Enfield? The spring is broke in mine and I just seem to be going in circles on the internet. I te

Default Ishapore SMLE 2A magazine

I guess this is ok to post here?Does anyone know where to purchase a magazine for a Ishapore Enfield? The spring is broke in mine and I just seem to be going in circles on the internet. I temp.put a wood block in it. Seems to work ok,but...Also,I'm going to a gun show next month so I might find one there. Ron

Default re: Ishapore SMLE 2A magazine

Hi
    if its just the spring you need would one from a normal enfield fit?
    the dimentions must be very close i know the mags wont swop over but they are very close of you take your broken mag to the show some of the dealers may let you try before you buy? if you ask nice.
    Andy

Quote by dogdog47 View Post
    Hi
    if its just the spring you need would one from a normal enfield fit?
    the dimentions must be very close i know the mags wont swop over but they are very close of you take your broken mag to the show some of the dealers may let you try before you buy? if you ask nice.
    Andy
    I'm not sure if they would be interchangeable.I doubt it. 7.62 Nato and .303 also hold a different amount of rnds. I will keep my eyes peeled though. Thanks, Ron

Hi Ron
    i hadn't thought about 7.62 i used to have a 303 ishapore and this was very very close to a enfield made gun and the springs were very similer but i had forgoten that the indians very quickly went to the nato 7.62 out of interest how many rounds will it take?
    Andy

Quote by dogdog47 View Post
    Hi Ron
    i hadn't thought about 7.62 i used to have a 303 ishapore and this was very very close to a enfield made gun and the springs were very similer but i had forgoten that the indians very quickly went to the nato 7.62 out of interest how many rounds will it take?
    Andy
    Dog,10 I believe. In the end I think it would just be easier to have another mag. But if I can find parts I'll give that a try also. Ron

Default Re: Ishapore SMLE 2A magazine

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Thanks Ade! I have 5 boxes of 7.62 that my Uncle gave about 5 yrs. ago. Thinking my Ishapore was .308, my eyeballs finally spotted 7.62 Nato on the right side band. (now what to do with my .308's) I'll have another mag. soon. It's great to have people who know their stuff here. Thanks again.Ron