Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Italian Breda, Type 30, LMG

Article about: by samnev With all due respect. A few years ago I upgraded my Nikon F3 (Film) to the Nikon D80 with a 2 auto focus Nikon lenses. 75-300 and 28-75 to the tune of \\$1500. I don't see another ca

Default Re: Italian Breda, Type 30, LMG

Thanks for so fast reply samnev!

So if I understood correctly, it could look like this (be patient, the gif has 5MB so it must load firstly):

EDIT: I wasn't animating the brass ejection.

?

Quote by MCh2207Cz View Post
    Thanks for so fast reply samnev!

So if I understood correctly, it could look like this (be patient, the gif has 5MB so it must load firstly):

EDIT: I wasn't animating the brass ejection.

Wow that is a great gif. That's exactly how it works. One other thing you can take the magazine off the Breda to load it. I sometimes loaded it that way. I hope that if you have one you can find those loading strips. I also one time forgot to open the ejection port, makes a mess. thanks for sending the gif. I added it to my collection. I shot it quit a bit when I first got it but not much lately since it's a had loading only situation. I've been shooting my MG 34, MG 42, RP 46 and Russian 1910 Maxim since ammo is readily available. One more thing it also has a quick change barrel. That box structure on top of the receiver was to hold lubricant to lube the cartridges.. In the sands of North Africa it quickly put the guns out of action. I tried it once and very quickly had soup in the bottom. I use Johnson and Johnson paste wax and pre lube the cartridges and it works great. Also do the same for my Japanese Type 96 and Type 92 that have poor primary extraction.

Your very talented to be able to create such a great gif.
    Regards,
    Sam

PS where are you located?

Thx!
    The scene in the GIF is actually a 3D model. I am creating weapon models/animations for mods.
    That is why I was asking for the reload operation. It's kinda hard to find such info for rare or odd weapons.

And I am from Czech Republic.

Mods. as in videogame mods?

?

Glad I could help. If you have any other questions on older MG's perhaps I could help. I have quite a few. I just might have another you need info on. incidentally my wife is Czechoslovakian. I thought you might be Czech because of the Cz at the end of your handle. I love the Call Of Duty series.
    Regards,
    Sam

Hey, thanks for so nice feedback.
    Also, that is such a nice coincidence that your wife is Czechoslovakian. Does she still remember something from the language? Btw, I have relatives in US too, but no contact now. It has been so long.

Anyway, sure I could use more of your help.

MG-42
    I am quite sure I got this right. The guy in the video is loading an empty gun (3:45):

My question goes to the situation if the gunner wants to reload the gun when not all rounds in belt are spent yet - can you just change the belts? Last thing - the operation on MG-34 would be same, right?

DP-28
    I can see the procedure for empty reload (17:05), the gun in video is a modernized DPM:

My worry is the magazine catch (I mean those "ears" over rear sight). My guess is that it is spring loaded and in order to remove the mag, the catch has to be hold back manually till the mag is out from locking lugs. If I am right than I cannot imagine reloading the DP in standing position.

?

Lets answer the easy questions first. The MG 34, MG 42 and SG43 all can change belts that are partially empty. The German belts for the MG 34 and MG 42 are very easy to load by hand. A belt loader in 8MM or 7.62 for the MG 3 is faster but not that much faster. Before our shoots we used the loader but at the shoots Load them by hand. The SG 43 belts are another story. New belts are almost impossible to load by hand unless the belts are well worn and the pockets open up. Not likely for that to happen in combat. I use a PKM loader to pre-load my belts.

The DP/DPM/RP 46 all can use the pans. But they are a real pain to reload even if you have a pan loader. It is my guess the soldiers carried enough pans so they didn't have to reload them except in a dire situation. You are correct the rear sight ears must be held back in order to remove the pans or the belt adapter.

The belt adapter could be retrofit to the DP and DPM. However a slot must be milled in the top of DP/DPM barrels to allow handle to be moved to the vertical position. It snaps on the same way a pan goes except the claws must be fit around the charging handle. When that reciprocates it feds the belt.

If you have any further questions feel free to ask, I am glad to be of help.
    Yes my wife does speak some Czech but understand a lot more, She is 1st generation US citizen. She said to tell you dobje den/
    Regards,
    Sam
    Belt Adapter

RP 46

Thanks for the valuable info Sam!

I didn't know that you could use a RP-46 belt adapter for DPs, pretty nice! Much more practical solution in comparison with the bulky pan mags.

Regards,
    Martin

P.S. Greetings to your wife: Mockrįt děkuji za pozdrav.

I recently purchased a C&R Breda 30 from a museum in New York. I'm looking for parts to bring it back to firing condition. Any help is appreciated.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast