Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Italian Carcano need help

Article about: hi i bought this carcano off a friend for the small price of \\$135 bucks but i have a few questions i know almost nothing about the gun any help would be most appreciated and where the swing

Default Italian Carcano need help

hi i bought this carcano off a friend for the small price of $135 bucks but i have a few questions i know almost nothing about the gun any help would be most appreciated and where the swing bayonet is it is missing a bolt or something is there anyway i could find a new bolt or how could i go about fixing the current situation it says F.N.A. BRESCIA on the barrel thanks

-Tyler

Italian Carcano need helpItalian Carcano need helpItalian Carcano need helpItalian Carcano need helpItalian Carcano need helpItalian Carcano need helpItalian Carcano need helpItalian Carcano need help

?

Default Re: Italian Carcano need help

Nice rifle. Try Gun Parts in N.Y. or Springfield Sporters in Pa.. Also the sling is not correct. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

?

This is a model 1891 cavalry carbine.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

This is the M1938 Cavalry carbine in 6.5mm calibre-the '40' is 1940, the Roman numerals 'XVIII' are for manufacture 18 years after Mussolini came to power in 1922 i.e 1940-he fancied himself as a new Caesar-parts should be available as many of the large array of carbines were sold off postwar as cheap hunting rifles (see Lee H Oswald).

?

Hi Lithgow,I agree with you on the date stamping,however the rear sight is from an 1891 model,perhaps that is a rework date?
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Hello Zwerge-for some reason known only to them, the Italians had fixed 200m rear sights on the 7.35mm M1938 CCs but the standard 6.5mm models had the adjustable sight as per the earlier models of rifles and carbines-those wacky Fascsti!

?

Hi,this book is what I was basing my remarks on,but books have been wrong before? I believe the proper name for it is M91/38.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Italian Carcano need help  
    Last edited by zwerge; 10-14-2011 at 07:19 PM.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE