Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Italian carcano question

Article about: I'm putting together a 6.5 carcano from the nicest pieces I have. My question is, are the 6.5 receivers the same specs as the 7.35? Picked up a nice 6.5 Beretta barrel and equally nice Beret

Default Italian carcano question

I'm putting together a 6.5 carcano from the nicest pieces I have. My question is, are the 6.5 receivers the same specs as the 7.35? Picked up a nice 6.5 Beretta barrel and equally nice Beretta 7.35 receivers. Interchangeable?

PRE
    ?

Are you sure you want to do that? There are tons of quality Carcanos available in 'whole rifle/carbine' form, with no extra work needed, and for very reasonable prices throughout the US.
    Pat

Yes because I like finding these rifles for cheap and salvaging what I can. Labor of love so to speak.

The whole reason for this post is that the original barrel (7.35) is pitted with rust to the point I consider it unsafe. The rest of the rifle is great.

Italian carcano question
    Answered my own question. Everything is interchangeable between the 6.5 and 7.35 carcano except the barrel. This is a great book by the way.

CBH
    ?

I have a Carcano with a fixed rear site , and a set trigger . I've never seen another one , have you ever heard of this ?

Italian carcano question
    The most common with a fixed rear sight. Although there are cavalry carbine too. Maybe a pic when you get a chance.

?

Maybe can help..

www.il91.it

With no pic and my book not in front of me I'm gonna take a guessItalian carcano question

Carcano's are neat rifles, most people either pass them over as "cheap italian junk" or get them due to the JFK connection.

I intend to get a SA marked example eventually, they are not expensive.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast