Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Italian Model 1934

Article about: I just picked up this Cold War minty boxed specimen. A lovely unfired Beretta in 9 corto/.380. It still retains the original nylon bore brush and manual.

Default Italian Model 1934

I just picked up this Cold War minty boxed specimen. A lovely unfired Beretta in 9 corto/.380. It still retains the original nylon bore brush and manual.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Italian Model 1934   Italian Model 1934  

Italian Model 1934   Italian Model 1934  

Italian Model 1934  

I can't complain the price was $250

$250?? Did you wear a mask when you bought it? lol What a great pick up! Well done!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Here in Italy the post war Beretta are not much valued by collectors: they are well made but have no "history" on them.

That's okey....some things are just more useful for what they are rather than as collectors items. I've always been impressed by the quality of the Beretta's.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Nice piece. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

For $250 I had to buy it was mandatory! It's a 1966 dated piece, and the first thing that came to mind was the movie Dr.No James Bond. He just got back into the swing of things, and the ministry made him trade in his .32 acp for the Walther PPK in .380.

I understand the model 1934 was a popular carry for CIA operatives due to the concealable aspects of the pistol.

James Bond's first gun was a .25 cal. Beretta Mod. 418, not a '35 or '34.

I remembered it was a Beretta I couldn't recall the model. In the movie I could have sworn they mentioned the .32 acp Beretta?

That line in the film where 'M' says that the Walther was much more powerful than the Beretta always puzzled me as both weapons were 9mm Short at best, fired from short barrels-then I discovered that the original Bond Beretta was supposed to be in 6.35mm/.25 ACP and all became clear!
    The M34 is a simple, reliable, easy to make and maintain design with a very limited range, but it will leave a very neat pile of expended brass at your feet. I gather that the M34/35s cant be imported into the USA anymore because of the short barrel. I have an ex Finnish Civil Guard example that would be worth 5 times what I paid for it here if it were in the US, apparently.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast