Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese Hamada pistol...

Article about: I got this pistol recently at a gun show. It was sitting unnoticed in a dealer's case. The dealer mistook the pistol's inspection mark for a Swiss cross and after a bit of haggling I managed

?

Default Japanese Hamada pistol...

I got this pistol recently at a gun show. It was sitting unnoticed in a dealer's case. The dealer mistook the pistol's inspection mark for a Swiss cross and after a bit of haggling I managed to acquire it at an excellent price. It's a Hamada in 7.65 made for the Japanese expeditionary forces in China. Somewhere between 4-5,000 were made by a small firearms manufacturer in Tokyo. Most were lost in the Sino Japanese War with only a few finding their way here to the States. This one was made in the 17th year of the Showa emperor ,1942. Here are some pics.

Len

Japanese Hamada pistol...Japanese Hamada pistol...Japanese Hamada pistol...Japanese Hamada pistol...Japanese Hamada pistol...Japanese Hamada pistol...Japanese Hamada pistol...

Len, Another great find of a super rare pistol and what a price...BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Wow...talk about a Win-Win find! Can't believe the bonehead seller did not notice the Japanese markings by the safety! Should have asked him if he had a matching "Swiss" holster to go with it!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Great find buddy.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Wow...talk about a Win-Win find! Can't believe the bonehead seller did not notice the Japanese markings by the safety! Should have asked him if he had a matching "Swiss" holster to go with it!
    LoL...was think the same thing! How could you NOT see that. Oh well...everyone walks away happy.

Great find Len.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

A very nice pistol - Congrats Len. All things considered,
    it's likely a souvenir bring-back. Good to see it has
    not been blued, refinished or chromed.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Methinks some one had an inspection of an FN1910 before making these...

great find and price.

?

Quote by lithgow View Post
    Methinks some one had an inspection of an FN1910 before making these...
    Exactly! The 1910 was very popular with the Japanese.