Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese Rifles and parts

Article about: Hello Mates, I was at a militiria show this weekend and meet a older gent that has been liquidating his collection of Japanese gear. He knew his stuff and was buying all this gear when it wa

Default Japanese Rifles and parts

Hello Mates,
    I was at a militiria show this weekend and meet a older gent that has been liquidating his collection of Japanese gear. He knew his stuff and was buying all this gear when it was cheap from the early 70's onward. He had lots of rifles of every type, date and manufacture and lots of spare parts for Japanese firearms.

This was his first show in a long time and was selling off his gear before he passes away. In case you need something particular or just spare pins, springs and plates his email is carloconnor@aol.com. He did state that he supplied the Fort.Bragg and Fort. Gordon museums with gear in the past.

Home
    Semper Fi,
    Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese Rifles and parts   Japanese Rifles and parts  

Japanese Rifles and parts  

Default re: Japanese Rifles and parts

Those prices seem pretty high unless he has good proof on the story lines. I'm not an expert on Arisakas but in my humble opinion, I don't know if a first variation is even worth that. That is a low serial number. I'm sure there are alot of people out there that know far more than I. Looks like they all have straight bolts but one. I would have loved to see them in person.

Jay

Default Re: Japanese Rifles and parts

I hear ya Jay,
    I just go to look, I haven't bought a thing in the U.S. for years. I got out of the hobby for 10 years and can't mentally catch up to the prices.
    However, I bought and found some good stuff while stationed in Japan, but even over there the prices are getting steep. I remember in 04 at a antique shop in Bangkok a Thai had 4 or 5 samurai swords in a barrel. I thought I'd get them for a song because they were beat to hell, must have been used in the fields post war for quite awhile.

Anyway, he wanted 2 grand for the bunch. I thought the prices were steep for the Jap rifles, but even the Enfileds are a couple hunderd at the shows these days.

Semper Fi
    Bob
    Home
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese Rifles and parts  

Hi Bob, I'm like you, it's hard to keep up with these prices. It's like looking at a new car anymore, sticker shock. They cost twice or three times as much as my parents paid for their first house. That would have been nice to get a couple of swords cheap. Just doesn't happen anymore. Is that picture you have listed above all your stuff? Wow! Plus thanks for your service to the country.

Take care,
    Jay

Naw, that's the stuff that's been dug up or donated by Vets that located on Camp Kinser Okinawa at the battlefield museum. I've done some donating and swapping for some of the gear however.
    I'm more of a trader now, no bucks to buy. I have to pull out my German stuff and maybe do a few swaps on this board when I get around to it.

That was a pretty cool website. They have some nice stuff in that little museum.