Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Japanese Type 2 Rifle Grenade launcher and Round

Article about: Bill, Great stuff!!! The condition is top notch. The shipping can for the type 2 is very very rare.. Jim. Japaneseordnance at Yahoo.com

Default Japanese Type 2 Rifle Grenade launcher and Round

WW2 Japanese Type 2 Rifle Grenade Launcher and Round... The Japanese Copied the German Launcher... The Type 2 Launcher would fit the Japanese Type 38 and Type 99 Series of Rifles... This post is dedicated to my two Uncles that Served in the Pacific during WW2,, William B. Kidd 81st. Wildcat Division and Walter C. Grist USMC VSMB 241 MAG 22.....BILL

I buy Collections of WW1 and WW2 Military Items... Contact me through this forum...BILL
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese Type 2 Rifle Grenade launcher and Round   Japanese Type 2 Rifle Grenade launcher and Round  

Japanese Type 2 Rifle Grenade launcher and Round   Japanese Type 2 Rifle Grenade launcher and Round  

Last edited by Bill Grist; 02-12-2015 at 08:38 PM.
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Default Re: Japanese Type 2 Rifle Grenade launcher and Round

Cool! Are you deactivated?

Yes it is.....
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

?

Great! Never seen before.

Ed

?

Very interesting objects.

Thanks for sharing!

never seen one in person or in any books!

?

Great pieces.

Wow - those are some rare items, thanks for posting those pics.

Pit.

never, never seen, perhaps they have also silencers, like Germans...

The Type 2 grenade launcher is a copy of the German Grenade Launcher. Examples of the German Grenade Launcher and its antitank (hollow-charge) rifle Grenades were delivered to Japan by blockade runner. Two blockade runners with identical shipments were sent to Japan to even the odds of the mission’s success. The blockade breaker Tannenfels arrived in Japan first, on MAY 12,1942. By August of 1942, the Type 2 and its hollow-charge grenades were being manufactured, and a few examples had reached Guadalcanal by October of 1942. Manufacture of the Type 2 grenade launcher was halted in 1943. Approximately 49,000 Type 2 grenade launchers were produced from 1942 to 1943. This figure is very small when compared to the more than 1 and half million German Grenade Launchers delivered to German troops from 1942 to 1944. The numbers of launchers delivered to German troops by year are listed in German Rifle Grenades and Their Launching Devices by Michael Heidler. All known examples of the Japanese Type 2 grenade launcher were made by the Chigusa factory of the Nagoya Army Arsenal. The Type 2 was used with the Type 38 or Type 99 rifle. Two hollow-charge grenades were used with the Type 2 grenade launcher a 30 mm version and a 40 mm version (the 40 mm version is shown above from my collection. Two types of launching cartridges were used one had a wooden bullet, and the other had a crimped case mouth. The Type 2 grenade launcher was issued with a canvas carrying pouch, barrel wrench. BILL

I buy Collections of WW1 and WW2 Military Items... Contact me through this forum...BILL
    Last edited by Bill Grist; 10-28-2012 at 03:18 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast