Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Just one more today: SKS

Article about: This one is also a lot of fun to play with have had this SKS for quite a few years now and opt to carry this one when I am in the bush backpacking or camping as they are very light and will

?

Default Just one more today: SKS

This one is also a lot of fun to play with have had this SKS for quite a few years now and opt to carry this one when I am in the bush backpacking or camping as they are very light and will take a lot of abuse the abundance of milsurp ammo also make them quite cheap to fire. As long as you remember to clean it as soon as you are done I find a lot of the milsurp ammo coming out of Eastern Europe very corrosive .

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Just one more today: SKS   Just one more today: SKS  

Just one more today: SKS   Just one more today: SKS  

Just one more today: SKS   Just one more today: SKS  

Just one more today: SKS  

Default re: Just one more today: SKS

Nice SKS, Mark! Thanks for showing.

Regards

Hi Mark, they are good serviceable rifles. I have enjoyed shooting one on the range care of the Army a few years ago. I guess yours is a Chinese made version going by the bayonet.

Did you know Siminov just basically scaled down his PTRS anti tank rifle design to build this rifle.

Some nice pics here of an early 1949 Soviet made SKS with the early spike bayonet:

1945 SKS Siminov (7.62x39)

Cheers, Ade.

?

Good morning all

I will start by saying good eye Adrian you were correct it is a late 1970's production chinese sks as far as I could tell they were the only ones to opt with the spike bayonet. I have checked out the thread to the site Adrian and was suprised to see that the early models also had the spike I will have to do some more research now there were not a lot of modifications made to this rifle over its production run. It is by far the most common and cheapest semi automatic rifle available here in Canada at any gunshow or firearms dealer I paid $160.00 CAN for my rifle straight out of the crate with a cleaning kit.sling,and two ammo pouches the early Russian ones are more desirable and a lot harder to come by so I have been told there is a model J that was slightly modified and will take an ak-47 magazine and these are the rarest of the rare .

Regards Mark K

?

Nice SKS,they are lots of fun to shoot, here`s mine,it`s an SKS-M with the sporter stock and AK-47 magazine modification.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Just one more today: SKS  
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

Default Re: Just one more today: SKS

Very nice SKS Pete and I stand corrected as I had thought it was a model J that had the interchangeable magazine with the AK-47 but you look as thoe you would know better than I by the looks of it .Is your model of Russian manufacture or other.

Regards Mark k

?

Hi,mine is chinese as is the SKS - D,which is the military version,as far as i know nobody else did this conversion....Pete
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Just one more today: SKS  
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

My Chinese arsenal 26 maker non export marked sight Type 56 carbine. The ones you guys have are mint next to mine. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

?

Here's a scarce North Vietnamese SKS made in '65.

Just one more today: SKSJust one more today: SKSJust one more today: SKS

?

Very nice it has always amazed me how many variation of this rifle were built and in how many countries. This is the first time I have ever seen a North Vietnamese constructed SKS . Quick note on the Chinese arsenal SKS is it shorter than the standard model.

Regards Mark K

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast