Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Just picked up a Walther AC42

Article about: Hi guys. I recently picked up the P38 AC42. It has all matching numbers and looks really nice to me. What do you guys think?? I bought it last week for 0. I took it to two gun stores to have

Default Just picked up a Walther AC42

Hi guys. I recently picked up the P38 AC42. It has all matching numbers and looks really nice to me. What do you guys think?? I bought it last week for $350. I took it to two gun stores to have them check it out and they both said that its real and that they buy these for about $175 and sell them for $300-$350 every day. Does that seem off? I am not going to sell it but I was just wondering. Thanks and enjoy the pics.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Just picked up a Walther AC42   Just picked up a Walther AC42  

Just picked up a Walther AC42   Just picked up a Walther AC42  

Sorry I meant to say that I picked it up for 350 and they said that they buy them for 175 and sell them for 300. Does this seem right?

?

They dont sell that cheap in NY

PRE
    ?

If it's not an import, that's an unbelievably good price. I see matching imports go for $500-$600 all day.
    Pat

You are right-As a fellow New Yorker even $350.00 is a really good price-Gun Shows I've seen them for $1200.00 even!

If they are selling them for 350.00 put me in for one.
    Are all numbers matching? You would need to break it down to see the numbers on the internal parts. Is the magazine numbered?
    From what I can see so far you got a SWEET deal!!!!!
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

The guy I got it from was loaded. I don't think he cared to be honest. I think he was just glad to sell it to someone who was interested in its history. He didn't have it for sale, but I was cutting his grass and we stated up a conversation etc. etc. He said he was willing to sell it because he had another one and a Luger with capture papers. How much do capture papers add to the value?

the mag isn't matched bc its a 42 I and I believe they stopped numbering the mags by then. the mag is marked 35p though

Hi broke it down and there are 359 eagles everywhere and the only place I saw a number was the last 3 digits of my serial number and the letter. I'm guessing that means matching internal parts. Should there be any other serial numbered parts on the inside?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Just picked up a Walther AC42   Just picked up a Walther AC42  

You got a very good deal.
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast