Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

K.98 rifle from Jersey Channel Islands.

Article about: Very nice looking 98. John

Default K.98 rifle from Jersey Channel Islands.

I have always liked the good old German K.98 rifle and have always picked any examples that have come my way especially if they are known to be guns off the Island. I recently acquired this example and its a nice clean example, but it was not the gun that attracted me, it was the muzzle cover. I have only ever seen a couple of these covers numbered to the gun they were on. So when I was offered it I just had to have it. Perhaps a slighty mad was to buy a rifle but it was that little bit different to all the others just because of the cover. The gun itself is matching numers throughout and whilst not totally mint it a good used example that was used here in Jersey during the German Occupation and only a matter of a few years ago it surfaced after being tucked away in an attic till the owner got a bit wary of having it.
    I hope you like it.
    All the best from Jersey,
    D.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture K.98 rifle from Jersey Channel Islands.   K.98 rifle from Jersey Channel Islands.  

K.98 rifle from Jersey Channel Islands.   K.98 rifle from Jersey Channel Islands.  

K.98 rifle from Jersey Channel Islands.   K.98 rifle from Jersey Channel Islands.  

K.98 rifle from Jersey Channel Islands.  

Very nice D, and all matching to go with it, does not get better than that really
    Ben

?

A lovely example, with nice clear markings

Beautiful 98k, with matching muzzle cover...Thanks for showing...BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Beautiful!

?

A pleasure to see.

MAP
    ?

Nice, very nice!!! Would kill for one like this. Nice score!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Stunning!!!! A great rifle that needs to be in everyone's collection and yours is all matching, you did really well. Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

a beaut.

Real nice Oberndorf!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast