Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

K43 scope info needed?

Article about: Hello Thanks for looking, I just picked up this AC45 K43 it looks to be in unfired condition. Absoulty stunning, fully matching numbers even on the scope mount. It cost me my right Kidney bu

?

Default K43 scope info needed?

Hello

Thanks for looking, I just picked up this AC45 K43 it looks to be in unfired condition. Absoulty stunning, fully matching numbers even on the scope mount. It cost me my right Kidney but it's over and the stitches are in! I was wondering about the set of numbers on the mount 6408? The other sets are the gun SN and the casting scope number which matches. The gun even has the untouched manual in the but stock still in wax paper never been removed! Any info will help me sorry for the indoor pics it's late and I just got home from a long trip it to pick her up!

Thanks Curt
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture K43 scope info needed?   K43 scope info needed?  

K43 scope info needed?   K43 scope info needed?  

K43 scope info needed?  

?

My other one
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture K43 scope info needed?  

Hi; the number on the left should be the s/n of the rifle (minus the prefix letter), while the upper number to the right is the scope's s/n. The third number (727) shouln't be there: Is this the rifle's s/n?

?

I've never seen a mount marked that way before. Have to look in "Hitler's Garand".

Well they both sure look awesome to me. Need a copy of Hitler's Garands myself. Not surprised it was very expensive. Matching 98ks in decent shape goin for $1500 and more. Prices on Gunbroker will down right scare you.

?

Well that's why you were born with 2 kidneys

Great looking set
    Congrats

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Thanks for the replies, Its looking like the mount was renumbered to the gun at some point in its life. Im thinking its a late war renumber as U cannot see any fresh hits from the stampings. I need to make more pictures of the manual in the stock its still in wax paper. When you look at the lands and grooves on the barrel U cant see any copper or wear even on the bolt face! When I was looking I noticed its a duel rail version!

Thanks again for looking
    Curt