Become our sponsor and display your banner here

k98

Article about: found a k98 today in a antique shop in the old eastern germany it is in pristine condition with 41 stamped on it and the swastika and eagle markings on it,, the guy wants 300 euro's for the

Default k98

found a k98 today in a antique shop in the old eastern germany it is in pristine condition with 41 stamped on it and the swastika and eagle markings on it,, the guy wants 300 euro's for the rifle trouble is i'm pretty sure its not deactivated either, do you think thats a good price???????????? martin

Default Re: k98

Would be a great shame to see it be deactivated-as I understand it, it's possible to get it licensed as a collectable 'runner' in the UK-would be a far better investment as a live example.

Martin

If is in good condition with all matching numbers then that is a good price.

You would of course need a FAC (50 I think at present ) if it is live, plus the cost of a secure cabinet.

If it is a German de-ac then you would need to get it done to UK standards and re-submit it to a proof house.

In both cases, there would be the cost of getting it to the UK.

Regards

Richie

ian
    ?

Quote by Richie B View Post
    Martin

If is in good condition with all matching numbers then that is a good price.

You would of course need a FAC (50 I think at present ) if it is live, plus the cost of a secure cabinet.

If it is a German de-ac then you would need to get it done to UK standards and re-submit it to a proof house.

In both cases, there would be the cost of getting it to the UK.

Regards

Richie
    as far as i understand the rules
    you can have a deac from all eu countries in the uk
    so called eu standard
    the problems may be with customs becouse they cant//wont understand the rules
    anal and all that
    an FAC for a k98 is not that hard to get ,,just ,,no record ,,and good report from your doctor and your good to go
    BUT an import cert is another mater
    if its already in the uk no probs
    cheers ian
    cheers ian

thanks for the replys guys, but i wont be bothering with the rifle, cant be a***d with the paperwork and hassle, got a couple of nice bits off the same dealer including a ek2 mm23, he has a lot of other stuff but his prices are a bit high, mart,