Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

k98 ,common?

Article about: Got this nice matched k98 from well known adriatic island for bargain price. Friend who is more inside in weapons question, say that it is the most often karabiner,( signed 42 1940 ) ,from a

Default k98 ,common?

Got this nice matched k98 from well known adriatic island for bargain price. Friend who is more inside in weapons question, say
    that it is the most often karabiner,( signed 42 1940 ) ,from all ever made ,and that it was made over 450 000.

I belive him, but lets hear what do you thinks ,dear friends collectors .

Thanks for every answer!

p.s. I m in little doubt to replace sling with the leder one or leave it veb as it is and look also very well ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture k98 ,common?   k98 ,common?  

k98 ,common?   k98 ,common?  

k98 ,common?   k98 ,common?  

k98 ,common?  

Default Re: k98 ,common?

You have a nice K98 made in the Mauser Werke, Oberndorf Factory. Obernforf made about 415,000 rifles at that factory in 1940. Germany made over 2.7 million K98 rifles, with god only knows how many Yugo knock offs. It is a fantastic, well built weapon, and a great piece of history. It was one of the most common rifles built during WWII. It was Germany's standard issue rifle thoughout the war. If it was me, I would definitely buy a period leather sling, they are not that expensive. Enjoy it and thanks for showing.

Jay

Hello-The total for K98k rifles produced by the Germans is more like 11 million during 1935-45 in a number of different models and makers-had the rifle been on the island since the war?

?

common k98 / nothing special/ midwar model/

Hi Matilda,
    That looks like a nice example. It is hard to tell from your pictures if it is original, unmessed with, totaly matching. Original matching guns are actually hard to come by in the US. They usually have a mis- matched part or have some refinishing etc ,etc. Nice original matching examples ( not Russian Capture) go for over a 1,000.00usd and are snapped up quickly by collectors.
    Cheers,
    Jason

Again thanks for all answers friends!

A karabiner we have in diskution, become from adriatic island Vis or Issa ,or sometimes Lissa ,and as I ve been told, it was ther all time from war. It has complete matching numbers on each part .

Anyway, it isnt in the best condition any more ,I think it deserve the honest place in my collection for historical reason, or nothing
    more.

Cheers!
    Alois

Hello-my K98k receiver is also 42/1940 Mauser Oberndorf-most of the rest doesn't match as it is a Russian capture example-I like it though as a weapon's history is what it is and it still looks good-I would keep the web sling on your rifle as it has been part of the rifle for many years.