MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

K98 parts in the UK?

Article about: Hi Guys, I have a couple of K98's (DeAc's) and I am looking for some spare parts for them.At the moment I am looking for a bolt body with the kranked down lever. It seems the only place to g

Default K98 parts in the UK?

Hi Guys,
    I have a couple of K98's (DeAc's) and I am looking for some spare parts for them.At the moment I am looking for a bolt body with the kranked down lever. It seems the only place to get one is the USA but I'm not sure about the legality of importing one.I'm not trying to re-activate it or anything stupid like that I just want to return it to its original type of bolt.Its got a straight pull on it at the moment.Any ideas or leads I could follow???

Thanks,

Brian.

Hi Brian, you could not import one as it is a controlled Section 1 Firearm part.

You could only buy one within the UK which has already been deactivated.

This task might prove harder than you think.

Good luck with your quest!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Another possible option is to modify the straight bolt. This was commonly done on rifles brought home as war souvenirs or bought as surplus that were "sporterized" for hunting purposes in the US. It involves heating the bolt handle with a torch and bending it. Most gunsmiths in the US should be able to do this. However, being the UK I'm not sure if gunsmiths exist as a trade or if modification would be legal. If you're interested in this and it is legal I may be able to send you some instructions from an old gunsmiths book.

I have to agree with Adrian's pessimistic response. Of course you might get lucky, but I don't think you will be able to get one at all.

Heres a helpfull gunsmith, info@smitharms.co.uk chris smith
    if theres a deact one about he will find it.
    good luck Colin.

Default Thanks Guy's

Thanks for your replies gent's, very helpful. I didn't think it was going to be easy! I will e-mail Chris Smith and see if he can help if not it looks like the "Gas Axe" option!!! (Kidding)

PS. New Anzac on Sea?? My Tom Tom can't find it. :-))))

Google it,its there.

Don't want to ruin your day, but as others have said you've got almost NO chance of finding one for sale in the UK. I suppose the only thing you could do is buy another K98 with the bolt you're after, swap them over and sell the other rifle on again... harder and more expensive option....

Its a shame someones being so negative,you can get any friendly section five gun dealer to accept delivery of pressure bearing parts from any foreign source,theres hoops to be jumped through for the export,but none the less it equals the parts you want deactivated safe and legal.Now being able to afford it is another thing.
    Many gun smiths with an interest in old weapons have fingers in many pies and can source what you need,i say it because i have had the service my self,i couldnt possibly afford top notch items i get them missing parts and with help from a gun retailer i obtain what i need.Theres an advert for gun dealers if ever i saw one.

If you can find a friendly section 5 dealer that would be ideal. As wrecker has said, it all boils down to money in the end....

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast